HybridZ

starting to finnish the interior!

sir_daniel

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Picked up a couple of speakers from my sponsor yesterday, same as i got before. but hence i'm going to re-dress the door panels did i think that i might just as well rebuld them and put 2 systems there for a better ability to play at shows.

The door sides will be covered with either black and beige leather (as i got in the car today, or black leather and carbonfiber speaker boxes)

Phoenix gold RSD 6.5 comp

ab0c94236c74c5f1593169b01c00ed79.jpg

some Bonus pictures from this summer that i friend of mine took.

datsun1.jpg

datsun2.jpg

datsun3.jpg

datsun4.jpg

datsun5.jpg

• 1 month later...

the new plans for 2007 are starting to come together...

New graphics, japan inspired ofcause!

New hood (carbonfiber) either made by me or build for me.

New doorsides with double phoenix gold 6.5" speakers) covered with black and beige leather (as the rest of the interior) or maybe some carbonfiber.

New Shocks and lowering springs

New bushings (polyuteran bought from zcarparts.com)

Things that exist but "need" to be rebuild.

The chrome parts around the windows will be painted either black or satin black, the piece between the a and b-pillar will be covered with carbonfiber.

the taillights need to be cut down to get closer to the body, either painted black or in the cars colour or covered with carbon fiber.

The 17" rims that are on today will be painted hence the 18" i bought doesnt look that good on the car :(

the headlight covers will be mounted (only had them in the box for approx 3 years :P )

the engine room MUST get some time to look better.

A Photoshop picture of how the car could look with the carbonfiber hood, lowered and painted rims.

demo1.jpg

Carbon fiber hood on Tokyo auto salon 2007!!

tokyoauto.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

It looked like you used a lot of fiberglass to custom make your interior pieces. I was wondering what you did to remove all the fiberglass odor? I fiber glass just my dash board alone and it's been sitting outside for a month and still stink of fiberglass. I can't imagine what it will do sitting inside a car. Thanks for any tips.

• 1 month later...

slowly the change for this season is starting to place, the doorsides has got new mounting rings in mdf so that the 4 6.5" speakers (2 in each door) can start.

the car also got a small article in a magazine here in sweden, stylingbörsen

köpte stylingbörsen igår och såg att datsunen hade 2 sidor med bilder o info.

STYLINGBORSEN01-07.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

a short update of what happends.

i bought me a new hood for the car that is going to be covered with carbonfiber :D

lost the audio sponsor hence they changed their profile (hifi) so i will soon start to look for a new audio sponsor.

some pictures from StreetCarsFest in Eskilstuna in Sweden this weekend of the car (and my honda civic esi -92 that will be sold and be replaced by a skyline R32 4 door :D )

IMG_2259.jpg

IMG_2258.jpg

IMG_2261.jpg

IMG_2263.jpg

DSC_7360.JPG

1247.jpg

http://www.ulfw.se/SCF_070616/slides/DSC_0786.html

http://www.ulfw.se/SCF_070616/slides/DSC_0782.html

http://www.ulfw.se/SCF_070616/slides/DSC_0785.html

the last 3 pictures wasn't able to use the IMG tags.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

some pictures of the new hood and how it looks now after sanding it down spraying on walshprimer (acid based rustprotection) and "sandingground"

IMG_2267.jpg

IMG_2271.jpg

bonus picture of my "slightly" crowed garage, my honda is out for sale to get more space and som money to start my next project Nissan Skyline R32 gts-t :D

IMG_2275.jpg

IMG_2277.jpg

• 4 months later...

so, now has the winter arrived to Sweden.... time to start doing something on the car :D

saw these headlights (S15 style) that i think would be different/look good on my 280zx.

what do you guys think?

s15lyktor.jpg

s15lyktor2.jpg

s15lyktor3.jpg

s15lyktor4.jpg

s15lyktor5.jpg

will also soon get the hood to my painter so that we in a cleaner envirement start putting a layer of carbonfiber on the hood :D

saw these headlights (S15 style) that i think would be different/look good on my 280zx.

what do you guys think?

I think they will look good, but they will take some major work to get them to look and fit properly. Then again, I think you are one person who can make it happen :D Good luck!!!!!!!!!!!

Please post some photos of the process pleeeeeeeze!!

Davy

• 1 month later...

a long time since the last update.

the plans for 2008 are:

*New 18" wheels (already in the garage)

*cover the extra hood with carbonfiber

*paint the chrome moldings black

*MAYBE cover the taillights with carbonfiber.

The wheels aren't mounted on the picture since i didn't find the right socket to use on the bults.... later when i changed clothes did i find the socket in a pocket in the pants.....

20080109148.jpg

20080108140.jpg

• 9 months later...