HybridZ

starting to finnish the interior!

sir_daniel

finally so does my "slightly" modifyed interior becoming a reality...

the interior is built to be a show/ICE car, but that doesn't mean that i will allow it to totaly flip.

some pictures of the parts i covered with leather, more is to come and the rest will be painted in the cars colour.

i haven't suceeded in finding a webhotel where i can link the pictures from so i link from a swedish forum that i "hang at"

interior before:

http://www.zatzy.com/showthread.php?t=160874&page=13&pp=20

http://www.zatzy.com/showthread.php?t=160874&page=14&pp=20

and now.

http://www.zatzy.com/showthread.php?p=2515608#post2515608

now am i waiting for the rest of the leather so i can complete the interior :)

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Considering your location, I think you're not "Finnishing" the interior, you're "Swedishing" it. Haha, small joke.

Your talents aren't wasted! It looks like you do good work. You've given me ideas for several modifications to my center console.

Good job!

Thanks for the comments.

i also think that the leather will look MUCH nicer then vinyl (that i only been building with before)

I just hope that the rest of the leather will arrive soon so i can continue.

about the 2" gauge in the center of the stearingwheel, i got a crazy idea and thought that it might fit, then i tried and it did =)

i see how i will do with it and wich gauge i will have there (if any), i will customize the dashboard during the winter i got a frame that is beeing shiped any day.

• 4 weeks later...

some more updated pictures of the interior.

i've finnished (ha ha, not the country) the cover between the B and C-pillar, the grey plastic thing for the belt will be repainted or replaced with a black one.

attachment.php?attachmentid=15837&stc=1.jpg

i've finnished (no i'm still swedish ;) the cover in the trunk, the yellow/beige leather looks SOOOOOO nice i think, especcely (or how that's spelled) with the black thread seam.

http://www.zatzy.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=16103&stc=1.jpg

more is still to come....

a8ksh4 i use 3M fastbond 30 works like a charm, glue on bouth sides (vinyl and the material you want it on) then just let it dry over the night then can you move around the vinyl/leather and then when you press it it sticks to the fabric and use eg a fan/hairdryer or something similar like a "heating gun" (don't know the english word for it)

this weekend i´ve test fitted the interor and made som modifications so it would fit better. the interior is starting to look really nice now, but there´s some left to do, the wireing, the mounting of the amp's, filters, extra batteri where the sparetire ones was.

some pictures then.

attachment.php?attachmentid=16997&stc=1.jpg

attachment.php?attachmentid=16998&stc=1.jpg

thanks.

well it atleast looks like suede :) it's the backside of the leather the "fluffy" side, looks almost like suede, but a lot cheaper =)

the seats will be replaced by some racingseats, black and perhaps silver in the cloathing....

i've just got my hands on new headlight buckets, so now i'll just have to find some nice headlights and start ripping thoose apart and mold them into my new buckets =)