HybridZ

stroker kit??

schwiplarkin

dont know if any of you remember my last post of boost part 2, but anyways i got my car to the track only twice this summer and the best run i had was a 12.7 at 111, with 20lbs of boost. im pretty happy with that. but that was only the testing of the stock internals. im now starting on my plans of stroker motor and want to know if any one has used the kit out of zcarparts.com. if so please give me some feed back. there isnt much info on the kit, im interested if it is forged or cast , and how well they hold up.

Fair enough. I have only run 4 strip passes ever also, and have done only 20 mins street tuning (no dyno). Elevation of where I ran is just over 1/8th mile. I'd still be looking at a larger turbo. It'll be a damn site easier than rebuilding the engine and yeild a lot more gains I think.

Dave

helix and clifton, i know those numbers arent super impressive, but like i said ive only taken it to the track twice netting five passes. i havent gottin a chance to do much tuning and its not street legal so i cant try on the steet, you guys are also at sealevel, try a mile up.

I would do a little more tunning then and still get a turbo first. I'm not at sea level but I would think if someone could run 10 psi and trap 115 mph, then 20 psi would more than make up for the altitude change. The turbo he is running (GT35R) would do more for you than any stroker kit would do for an L motor.

Also, the arguement of altitude is not AS valid with a turbocharged engine as it is with a non forced induction engine...

An example is aircraft. A normally aspirated light aircraft runs out of ceiling a few thousand feet before a turbocharged aircraft of the same model, due to the turbocharged aircraft being able to compensate for the change in elevation by keeping manifold pressure constant, much like a turbocharged car keeping manifold pressure up.

There is a difference, but not nearly as much as between elevations for a normally aspirated engine...