HybridZ

whats your choice and WHY???

grumpyvette

Rotary, good product and support. We are replacing racks at the dealership where I work with Rotary and they are nice racks. We had Benwell, also a nice rack but support and parts are where Rotary shine. Putting up a 40 by 70 shop and will put Rotary in my hobby shop.

My auto tech class has Rotory lifts and they seem to be okay. There are two types we have though. We have ones that have a pin you have to pull to release the safety, and we have ones that have a liver you have to hold down to release the safety. IMO, the ones with the lever activated safety are the best, becasue if the lift loses hydraulic pressure andarms drop, you can release the lever and catch the safety, but the ones with the pins aren't able to re-engage the safety without getting under the lift. Also, IMO the lift arms that have the pads that fold up to give more height for uneven frames are better than the ones that have risers.

I'm buying an eagle or an autolift. Why? Because I can get a used one from my retailer for $1200. I've used Eagle and autolift and for me that'll be fine, guess I just settle for run of the mill. Both have lever safety release, at least the ones I've used. I want a 2 post version, better for what I want to do.

rotary all the way. my dad has 3 in his shop and every one has been great. we have a 4 post drive on rack, a 2 post drive on rack(bought used, and is used to do alignments, still works great), and a "asymetical" 2 post. if your going 4 post go with one that has all the cableing/chains/hydrolic cyl. internally mounted(its much nicer getting in and out of cars).

i think this is one that he has:

http://www.rotarylift.com/library/post/DataStorage/SPOA10/SPOA10%20Written%20Specification.pdf

jesse

Rotary. When I worked for Flying Lizard Motorsports last year, that's what they used exclusively. They're the only lift I've seen that can easily get under a very low vehicle. They worked flawlessly the whole time I saw them in use. A few of the guys street cars went on there for repairs too. No problems.

My brother inlaw has a bendpack and it is nice, but NOT OSHA Certified and requries you to run to each side of the lift to release the safety latch. I don't care for that. My old AMCCO lift is great, but you can't get them anymore. Once we sell and move to our new place, I'd like to get something asymetric, so I'm not worried abotu how to pick up the Vette or other difficult cars... and not beating the doors against the lift posts is nice too...

Grumpy, I'd not buy anything that requires you to leave the control station to lower the vehicle, and nothing not OSHA approved.

Mike

guys I can use your input here, I will soon purchase a lift for my new garage.

I HAD purchased a 12,000 lb two post lift, but the company promised a one week delivery and then tryied to scam me and charged my visa card with no lift ever shipped

http://www.americanautomotiveequipment.com/pages/831606/index.htm

THEY FAILED TO GIVE A REFUND OR SHIP THE LIFT, LUCKLY the VISA CARD REFUNDED the cost after it became clear these guys were scaming me

I sure want to avoid that from repeating

now Im debating wether I want a two or four post lift, it will be use in my garage for work on my corvettes mostly, and I well aware that the 4 post designs tend to be more stable when swapping transmissions and engines ETC. (what I do mostly)and the 2 post designs tend to be easier to use when doing brakes ETC.

both will work, but I want a QUALITY LIFT with great factory support and safety and strength, are the main concerns here so I need input