HybridZ

turning a turbo into a n/a

hoov100

i was wondering about turning a vg30det into a vg30de. i was considering this as a possible swap in my 280zx, i didnt want to go turbo, so i was thinking of turning a vg30det into a vg30de, i was wondering how many fitment issues there would be if i didnt use a turbo?

i was wondering about turning a vg30det into a vg30de. i was considering this as a possible swap in my 280zx, i didnt want to go turbo, so i was thinking of turning a vg30det into a vg30de, i was wondering how many fitment issues there would be if i didnt use a turbo?

If you take the turbos off a turbo motor it will be slow as hell. it dosnt have the same compression as a NA motor would. so if you want a non turbo car get a non turbo motor. :-D

you would have less fitment issues without the turbo(s). it would be better to just get a vg30de instead of a vg30det(t) (all as said above).

you'll only have about 222 hp from it though. better than stock of course, but... just not as fun as a turbo engine. you could probably go with some higher compression pistons and such but in the n/a world, there is no replacement for displacement. in the turbo world that tends to not hold true (since technically boost "adds" displacement).

alright, i was looking for a dohc version, wich i could only find on a turbo, but then i found this and checked with the local junkyards and found one for $500 with tranny uncut harness...etc..etc with only 80k miles, i even had them start is and drove it around the yard once! (it had a major side inpact near the rear end though)