HybridZ

Anyone install a backup alarm?

RPMS

Hey, guys.

I've come out of the barber shop to find my urethane spoiler folded up under the car by a parking curb, but undamaged. I'm going to install the MSA aero II kit on my car, and I'm pretty sure I'm going to rip it off the front end the first time I pull that trick.

But wait! What about installing parking alarm sensors in the front lip to detect approaching cement blocks? They sell them on eBay for forty or fifty bucks. The translation is one of the funnier ones I've ever seen -

* Reversing alarm function: Sound is divided into four wave bands to alarm, display the barrier blue light and color two level pipe, intellect number display the distance of barrier correctly.

* Record function: adopt numeral compressing technology and you can use the telephone or leave the voice record in 60 seconds

* Set four PCB supersonic inductor, detect all directions. It is really no dead angel or blind area.

No dead angel? Sounds like a good thing...

What do y'all think? Sound like a good idea to protect expensive fiberglass bumpers???

I know your pain on that, on my truck I have a urethane air-dam sort of thing. For the most part its not a problem, however there are always those incidences in which you just might hit or go over the concrete stop because you can't hear over you stereo :P . I've replaced it once not because of stupidity or carelessness its just a given problem, so I think its a great idea, save you future cost of that one time of oops cause no one is perfect. I say go for and have a toggle sensor on it so when you turn in for parks it goes off but not when your exiting a V driveway.

Tyson

Guest grimlynsan

It says to wire it into your reverse lights so it fires up when you put it in reverse. Are you suggesting putting it on the front and having some kind of on/off switch on the dash? My front bar is stuffed. crack everywhere. maybe i need one too!

You know, I always thought with how small the Z is you don't really have to worry about that, just don't pull in all the way and odds are you're in far enough. I guess I was wrong. I'm too used to our SUV sized parking spots here in CA.

But you're in texas, I thought everything was bigger over there?

I know i am going to have a problem with this because i am so used to the explorer where i pull it right up onto or 1-2" from the parking stops, the front wheel that is. Uh-0, great idea though, but i think it would be less expensive to just be a bit more mindful. Would the sensors really alert you in time that you are going to hit? I think you must already be thinking about it to turn the switch on, thus negating the purpose of the entire system.... Unless you are anal like me and must have your 1-2 inches from the stop :P