HybridZ

12.004 @ 114.62 Onboard Video

Jersey

I think he said in an earlier post that he was running 19#'s with the stock T3. Man Jersey that car of yours sounds so nice, hehe thanks for the onboarf view of what 12 second 1/4 feels like!

I want to be there some day too:D

Thanks guys. I think it sounds a little more throaty on the video then in real life but the camera was mouted on the rear stut bar so maybe it does sound like that back there? I'm going to re-capture the video to my computer tomorrow from my camcorder and use a little better audio quality. When i just listened to it over the net, you can't hear any of the T3 screaming for dear life. lol. EZ-E's right, 19psi PrO. Thanks again.

Guest bastaad525

Jersey old buddy... been following along with you every step of the way since you first became my hero with a 13.3 pass on bone stock everything, no I/C and 10psi.

I don't know how the heck you got your car going so fast considering just how mild your list of mods really is, and I gave up long ago every thinking I could match your performance... you either have a VERY happy car or you are an excellent driver, pro quality I mean, or both.

If it weren't for you I'd probably never have finally decided to go turbo... like you I built up a solid N/A motor first but then figured out that though it SOUNDED fast, it didn't actually GO fast. Saw what you did with just a stock setup and I was sold.

Dunno if you knew but I"m actually trying to sell my car after two years and move on to different things, but still owe you a big thanks for leading me down a very fun path, even if you only did so indirectly.

Congrats on the great time I'm not positive but I have a feeling that is the best time anyone has ever gotten on the stock T3 w/o using N2O or something.

I'm REALLY surprised that turbo has lived as long as it has as well... as I said... REALLY happy car :D Congrats on an AMAZING timeslip dude... 11's are SOOOOO CLOOOOSSSSE

I've upgraded the video's audio quality so you can hear the T3 and R200 crying a little :evil:

Thanks 525 but you're giving me WAYYY to much credit. It's just a happy Z i guess! I've been following your posts about selling your Z and i'm hoping the deal falls through for you tomorrow. lol. Just kidding, kinda ;) You've taken your Z much further then a lot of people and should be proud. Maybe this just isn't the right time and situation, that's all. If it does go, i hope you wont stop writing those books (oops.. i mean posts :))you do here. I wish you luck whatever way it goes.

Moby, thats's just about what it weighed on the scale last year. One of these days i'm going to dyno it and find out for sure. Thanks for the info.

Guest bastaad525

Jersey - I know many of us already know, but just for the new guys or to refresh those of us with high hopes, could you post your list of mods? Should be no big deal since it's a relatively short list ;)

if he's really at 300whp wouldn't he be the first documented at 300whp on the stock T3 w/o nitrous? Most I ever heard of was 275whp, that was Garret76zt before he went big turbo. That was only mostly stock EFI with just larger injectors, big TB and the usual stuff like 3" exhaust. That was at 15psi if I remember right.

I'm really surprised we haven't seen Megasquirt guys getting 300+whp out of the stock T3 considering some of them get 200+ whp on the stock turbo AT STOCK BOOST!!!!!!!!!

Edit: btw... yeah... I hope this deal falls thru tommorow too, and to be honest, I have a feeling it will ;)

Is that time on street tires or slicks? Also do you have LSD or open? And why is it so hard for the rest of us to get 11's with built motors and hybrid turbos, when you're doing 12 flat on a stock t3?????!!!!!! Thats some crazy driving right there! Sensei, you must teach us the way of the ninja shift.

Guest bastaad525
Is that time on street tires or slicks? Also do you have LSD or open? And why is it so hard for the rest of us to get 11's with built motors and hybrid turbos, when you're doing 12 flat on a stock t3?????!!!!!! Thats some crazy driving right there! Sensei, you must teach us the way of the ninja shift.

I'm tellin you... this guys had great times from the moment he dropped a turbo motor into that car and he's the reason I decided to go turbo myself. I didn't realize at the time that he is definately the exception and not the rule.

See Jersey even regulars like Violacleff here need a list of mods... I have sorta forgotten but I do seem to remember that yeah Jersey does have the 3.7 LSD.

Far as I remember, he is on a stock motor, nice front mount I/C, stock EFI, 370cc injectors, B/W 5 speed (maybe that's something to do with it?), 3.7 LSD, 1st gen DSM BOV... and I think on street tires?? And I think he's running a cheap manual boost controller as well. I only remember that much because I was trying to follow his example to the letter... though I didn't get that far :D

Edit: btw... yeah... I hope this deal falls thru tommorow too, and to be honest, I have a feeling it will ;)

That would give you a shot to get to 300HP on the stock turbo as well ;)

Need a driver to get you into the low 12's? (my only reason I could recomend myself is weight, i'm not gonna call myself a better driver ;) )

hey Jersey I have a question about your launch!

It didn't hear any tire squeel, so it sounds like you didn't simply rev it up, and drop the clutch.

Did you do a slip to build up the boost at the line? Or did you slip the clutch untill you got out of the "hole" and then fully engage the clutch??

Very interesting... i'm still amazed by this