HybridZ

Diamond racing wheels (SCL?)

Guest HALLOWEEN Z

Guest HALLOWEEN Z

I'm about to order some of diamonds racing wheels because I've always had this image in my head for some reason and wanted stock car looking wheels with big white letter tires for some reason. They have what the call Stock Car Light wheels which are lighter than the road race wheels but would these get damaged to easily on the street? I don't want to have wheels that are going to be trashed if I hit a pot hole.

Make sure the wheels have safety beads for street use. A DOT requirement. Lightweight road race wheels usually do not. Keeps the tire on the wheel if they go flat. Also of note: The 16" wheels incorporate a 15" center. If you have large brakes, 12" or better rotors, the Diamond wheels will not fit.

• 1 year later...

I know that my solid rotor 4x4 calipers clear the center section by about 1/4" righrt near the bolt holes.

The outer bell is 13.2" or 13.3" in diameter if that helps. You would have to get some low backspacing to get your brakes completely in there though. I think they could widen the larger section so you could fit your brakes in there.

You could run a spacer but these aren't the world's straightest wheels so that would probably be a bad idea. The wheels are REALLY good but not perfect. For the price they are great!

here is a pic of the larger bell...

b11861313.jpg

m11860747.jpg