HybridZ

Rear end hops in hard turn

When i take a hard turn the rear of my car hops? I dont know why? My friend with an s13 said that his did that and got solid rear subframe spacers. I have a 79 280zx, even if i wanted to whip my tail out at a turn it hops rather than slides any advice guys?>

i have

tociko struts and springs

energy suspension bushings

suspension techniques sway bars

front strut bar

What do you mean by "hop?"

Does the suspension oscillate up and down? How quickly? Does the "hop" frequency change if the turn is sharper or more gradual? Do bumps have an affect on the "hop?" Does it "hop" in a corner under acceleration, braking, coasting, or all three? Does it make any sounds while "hopping?"

i have had the car for a year and a half. The hop that i am experiencing is under a turn the car takes small hops rather than just sliding. Also when i brake and hit like a small bump or pot hole and the car, i guess looses traction, and it sometimes hops to a stop. These hops are rather violent than little baby hops. I replaced all my suspension parts last decemeber.

Its really hard to diagnose these problems over the Internet, but here are some things to look at:

1. Check for binding in your driveline, particularly in your halfshafts.

2. Check your differential mounts.

3. Check for binding in rear suspension travel. Take the springs off and then use a jack to move each trailing arm through its range of travel.

4. Check the rear anti-roll bar (if you have one) to make sure its not binding or preloaded.

5. Check your shocks to make sure one isn't blown.

• 2 weeks later...