HybridZ

Flywheel resurface

WEBEZEEed

I have been looking,searching here and in my service manual and can not find a reference to in regards to if there is a step in the flywheel or just machined true all the way accross( stock street application) also is there a source besides dealer for the pressure plate locating pins? Thanks in advance.....

The pins are available at any good industrial hardware store. I can get them at McFadden Dale Hardware in Corona in their Metric Fasteners Section. If you can extract one fairly intact, you can measure it, and order them by the size. They are a standard metric Pin Size. Sorry, I forget the dimensions, but they had several hundred at McF-D there in Corona.

The flywheel has no step, it is blanchard ground true across the face---the groove cut in the face is the "use limit" for a stocker.

REMEMBER TO PULL THE DOWEL PINS BEFORE YOU SEND IT IN FOR RESURFACING!!! I actually got a flywheel back with the pins ground flush!!! I got my money back on the resurface/lightening ($40) but we agreed that IN THE FUTURE I would remove the pins before bringing them any more work...

I made a funky Clock for the shop shed... LOL

The flywheel has no step' date=' it is blanchard ground true across the face---the groove cut in the face is the "use limit" for a stocker.

REMEMBER TO PULL THE DOWEL PINS BEFORE YOU SEND IT IN FOR RESURFACING!!! I actually got a flywheel back with the pins ground flush!!! I got my money back on the resurface/lightening ($40) but we agreed that IN THE FUTURE I would remove the pins before bringing them any more work... [/quote']

So if you have access to a Blanchard, you can toss it on and grind it flat? Curious i guess

I'm just reinforcing Tony's statement of no step.

My local machine shop put a step in mine as per some incorrect reference.

R&Ring the tranny and flywheel twice in three days is no fun. If they put a step' date=' your clutch will likely not disengage.[/quote']

I had mine resurfaced with a very minor step, something like .003 and had no disengagement problems.