HybridZ

Hood and b-pillar emblems

280Z28

Guy outside of Austin named Terry Deck. They're getting airbrushed between the base and clear coats. He's been airbrushing for 15 years and has a rep as one of the best available, and after seeing his work I'm convinced he'll make them look spectacular. :)

Edit: They are smooth since they are painted but it matches what I've done to my car.. I had the side marker lights removed and such so everything is slick.

How did you get those 'copyrighted'? Are you planning to sell them?

If you create something, you can say it's copyrighted and it is. A registered copyright is when you file with the USPTO and can make lawsuits easier because it proves ownership. As is, it is copyrighted but in a civil case the designer (Terry) would have to prove that he came up with it before whoever it was that copied it.

I'm not planning to sell them. Actually, we made an agreement that even if someone brings a Z to him and asks for those, he won't do it because he doesn't do the same car twice, plus they are personalized for me :) He is a designer though and would be happy to come up with something original for anyone.

If they are hand painted each would be different. No sure what saying it is copyrighted gets you. An agreement from the painter would be much more restrictive unless there is another painter somewhere that would do them.

Not going to copy them, but the comment did strike me funny too.

If they are hand painted each would be different. No sure what saying it is copyrighted gets you. An agreement from the painter would be much more restrictive unless there is another painter somewhere that would do them.

Not going to copy them' date=' but the comment did strike me funny too.[/quote']

He said if I wanted to post the sketches I had to mention it, so I did. :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

A good cheep man's copyright = Photocopy the sketch and mail it to yourself and don't open it. That way you can prove that you came up with the idea before anyone else.

Looks good though. I'm usually not one for simbols, becuase of precocieved ideas behind them; but now, thanks to you, I'm thinking about custom symbols. Nice stuff man.

Alright y'all this isn't a thread about copyrights so can we respect the simple fact that the artist told me to put that and just stop talking about it? Thanks.

:)

"A long time ago," Vann (KraZeeZX) drew up this background for his once-was web site. I now use it as the background on my cell phone. We both thought it would be interesting to have them made, but never followed through on it.

I originally asked Terry if he could put something like that on my car, and he said he could. But I didn't want something that said "Nissan" since this... isn't a Nissan. ;) So I started trying to come up with another interesting idea. Over time, we end up where I'm at now. :)

It's interesting that I've made [a least one of] you think about the idea of using custom badging yourselves. You ricers ;)

I will be sure to post lots pictures when this is all said and done.

Sam

You ricers ;)

It's not rice if it's functional ;)

...now to make symbols functional...

........this could take me a while.

Again though, thanks for the inspiration. I seem to get alot of that from this site. I'll post pics if I photoshop anything up.