HybridZ

where to find stock turbo?

onephatz

my turbo just went south and I don't really feel like having it rebuilt. I'm lookin for a used stock t3 off a zx to get me back on the road. anyone have one or know were I can get one for a reasonable price?

thanks

jesse

Whats the difference between yours and the one on Kellys z31 turbo. Or is it trashed?

is it safe to get those turbos on ebay? How do u know they arent cheapo?

Only get turboes that came with a picture of the compressor wheels. You get to see the condition of the wheel and perhaps the housing. If they only give you a picture of the turbo taken from 5 ft away then forget about that.

Buy from "dealers" with good rating that constantly sells turbos. Not from some parts guy that is trying to make a buck getting rid of a piece of junk.

Even if you bought a turbo with good wheels but has lot of shaft play, a basic rebuild kit is around 45$ and a complete rebuild kit 75$ like clifton said.

well to tell the truth I've tried to take my turbo apart before with little success. I was looking into just upgrading the compressor side but the bolts were seized in the center section and the turbine housing. I didn't feel like twisting off any bolts(after I had most of them loosened) so I put it all back together. the turbo had a little shaft play at the time but now it's completely unuseable now(as is). think I can pick up a used one for $100?

jesse