HybridZ

Q's Mounts (I guess that's what I'll call them)

240Z_Master

DSC05723.jpg

Stainless Steel Mounts Tig Welded

DSC05724.jpg

New engine insulators with washer, split ring, and lock nut

DSC05731.jpg

Complete here, everything you see is what you get. (240Z Style transmission mount)

DSC05732.jpg

Packaged almost ready to go...

DSC05733.jpg

Clearance on both sides I believe is sufficient

DSC05734.jpg

DSC05735.jpg

DSC05744.jpg

Clutch slave has no problem here

DSC05745.jpg

Two lock nuts for the transmission (you must use the stock transmission insulator)

DSC05746.jpg

Ground clearance on a lowered Z seems good to me. The car has full urethane bushings and Tokico 1" springs to give you an idea.

DSC05747.jpg

Front crossmember clearance with RB20DET (200ZR) pan is good

DSC05749.jpg

US Driver side looking back towards the rear

DSC05750.jpg

US Driver side looking back towards the rear

DSC05751.jpg

US Passenger side looking back towards the rear

I've got one set available right now. All hardware is grade 10.9 and the mounts are made from stainless steel.

If you are planning to run a RB20DET/RB25DE trans, I can also make a transmission bracket for that.

$400 USD Dollars + shipping (I figured this would be a reasonable price with all the nuts, bolts, hardware and new engine insulators since McKinney sold his mounts with nothing for $650).

Contents of the kit...

(1) RB Mount Left

(1) RB Mount Right

(1) 240Z Style Transmission Mount (RB25DET/RB25DE your choice) [260/280 styles coming soon hopefully]

(2) New Engine Insulators

And all the needed nuts and bolts grade 10.9 for this swap (to mount in the motor and transmission).

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What sort of clearance is available for exhaust? It looks alittle slim. Your mounts look very nice. Great job.

I plan on running it right below the mount, almost tucked under it. Once the motor is closer to running, I'll fab up the exhaust system and take further pictures.

For right now I'm just going to run 2.5" mandrel bent stainless all the way. (I know I want a 3" setup, but not right now).

Those are some VERY nice parts there guy... Like post above, I think the trans needs to go up in the tunnel more, and the flat stock could use to be like a L shape to keep it from sagging over time due to trans weight, and gravity...

New designs always get tweeked upon... yours need very little of that....

Looks great !!

joel

Looks like a well sorted kit, very interested to see how the 260Z trans mount works, is there a time frame on that?

Also a question to the above, are you worried that lifting the gearbox might affect the tail shaft angle? I know it is a bit forgiving with angles, but I am not sure how much you have to play with.

If you can get away without the bend in the flat stock all the better, I was just concerned about the leverage created by the length of the spacers, and at the very least it probably would have allowed the G/box to "bounce/flex" up and down, but eliminating them will allow a bigger contact area between the Sq tubes and the floor-pan area.

Colin:twisted: