HybridZ

350z?

naplesZ

Guest bastaad525

not trying to bash here so don't take it that way.

I honestly feel that the 350z is overpriced for it's level of performance. The drivetrain in those cars are friggin FANTASTIC and it's a beautiful car, no doubt, but it's also kinda overweight at 3100+ lbs. There are other cars that are all around better performers in the same price range that just put the 350 to shame.

I've been a huge fan of Z's for years now, and loved the 350 when they first came out, but now that there are other cars on the market like the Evo and STi, I think if I had that kind of money I wouldn't be buying the Z.

I know what you mean about them not being that fast compared to other cars out there , but it seems to me that unless you spend some serious money there is always going to be someone with something else faster. I think that American car culture has gone Hp mad. Not to say that's necessarily a bad thing but I think If you compared a new Z to other non turbo cars from 10 years ago It would do pretty good. Of course I have no data to back this up just my opinion. It seems that a car isn't considered Simi fast unless it has at least 300hp. Which is pretty crazy considering that America has such strict rules on speeding. Maybe it tied to the whole street racing craze or just the aggressive attitude when driving of most americans.(my self included)

OK Sorry about that I got a little of track. Anybody who has or had one of theses things want to chime in.

I had one that I recently traded for a C6. It was a great car, but if you are into modifying your new car, unless you go forced induction, bolt ons really don't do much for performance.

Yeah, the STI or EVO outperform it for the same $$$, but they are 4 door sedans. Not my cup of tea. If you buy the right trim level, the Z is a performance bargain. 300hp for under $30!

If you were to get a Z, get the enthusiast model. Its got everything of the higher track and touring models except brembos and spoiler (track), leather and bose (touring) and the bose sucks anyway.

I love the 05 350z we have. It handles well, looks good and is very easy to drive. We didn't buy it for the horsepower. We bought it for a nice all around sports car that we would both enjoy. It is as nice riding on the passengers side as it is driving it. It really feels like a lot of car for the money. There are plenty of other cars out there for less that you can make some serious HP with bolt on upgrades that won't break the bank. We plan on keeping ours for a long time. Besides, if I want to go fast, I'll get in one of the cars I built myself :wink:

If I had the money, I'd buy a 350Z in a heartbeat. They may not be the most bang for the buck performance wise, but they have a real sense of heritage when you drive one. Up until I drove one, I always thought that they were nice cars, but I probably wouldn't buy one. But, ever since I drove one a while back, I've been head over heels for them. When I sat in the driver's seat and started it up, I got this warm and fuzzy feeling. It's hard to describe I suppose.

I sat in a 350Z at the San Francisco auto show and was drooling over the exterior styling, and the feel of the cockpit. But when I started using the amenities I realized that the interior was all plastic-y and cheapy. Sure there was a lot of plastic in the 240Z, but it just seemed very chintzy compared to the thoroughbred.

hate to say it but as much as i am a fan of the 350Z... ( i was this close to buying a yellow one!! ) i must say im a S2000 fan more.

its by far the most fun i ever had in a car that wasnt a super high horse power car.

pricey yes but the fit and finish of the car is amazing!

still want a white on red hardtop S2K!!!!!!!

mike

From what I've heard the factory LSD in the 350z (to quote one person racing the car): "Is poo-poo! She no good and spin one wheel like bad girlie!"
yea, you can do better aftermarket, but aside from hardcore hpde racers, who is really gonna spend that kind of money when the stock one is good enough for 8/10ths driving on the street.

I don't understand how the engine can't be N/A and make good power? Is it because 4 cams costs alot of $$$$? It can't be ported much? Just wondering what gives?
I had a larger intake plenum, cai, cat back, hollow cats and a computer reflash and went from 245 rwhp stock to 257. My results were typical. I then put a stillen supercharger with 7psi boost and went to 340 rwhp.

I had a larger intake plenum, cai, cat back, hollow cats and a computer reflash and went from 245 rwhp stock to 257. My results were typical. I then put a stillen supercharger with 7psi boost and went to 340 rwhp.

Oh ya 15-20hp more isn't great for a new exhaust + reflash... Maybe a set of higher rpm cams would do the trick? I just like N/A heh.

Bada$$!

How much do those stillen blower kits run? $$?

about 5500 plus a new hood. I got mine used for 4000. Vortech is the way to go though if you want high power. I wanted the lowend torque. Vortech's are putting about 420 to the wheels with headers, hiflow cats and exhaust.

How did the z ride? The reason I am asking is that I have about a 35-45+ minute drive to work and my current cars just were me out. I have a 93 320 that is loud and ruff and quickly falling apart. A 95 skyline GTS (N/A) with 17 inch rims and low profiles. It rides pretty ruff to. Majority of the time I go the back way which is made of curvy and bumpy roads. Which is fun to drive but it kind of where's you out. I am going to list some cars I been thinking about and see what you guts think. In no particular order. By the way I also have two kids. I live in Sicily and work for the military. The base averages 2 wrecks a day so that's why safety is an issue. I am a contractor so I am responsible for shipping my own property.

1. 350z- pros- Quick,nissan,looks,wife likes it.-

cons-2 seater, possibly ruff ride, not allot of room to improve on without $$$,Would have to be shipped from the states and back to the states at my expense. Safe??

2. civic si-Pros- kida quick, ton of cheap aftermarket, cheap price, can be purchased here, backseats.

Cons-It's a Honda civic(most riced out car),I would have to ship it back my self. Probably not that smooth of a ride. Safe??

3.Bmw 3 series-Pros-There quick handle well, best resale value, I can get one for about 5k cheaper then If I bought it in the states. Can buy it here and BMW will ship it back to the US for 150 dollars up to 5 years after purchase.(Military program)

cons-Price$,insurance$$,although there quick not much you can do far as performance. A lot of people here have them. And parts are expensive.

4.Volvo s40 turbo-Pros-Turbo(upgrades),Nice ride,safe,Military program,4dr.

cons-have heard some issues of reliability, maybe to soft of ride, insurance.

5.S2000-Thanks ON3GO-pro-Quick,honda,handels well. I don't know much about them.

cons-not big fan of convertables,small,ride?shipping$$

By the way I don't hate Hondas I have just been a long time Nissan fan and always hated how Honda got all the praise. I won't deny they make good cars I just always felt Nissans have more connected feeling than a Honda. A mater of fact I just bought a Honda element.

I am sure there are other cars out there so add any you can think of. I figured this one was long enough.

Thanks everyone for your replies.

the '03 ride was bouncy on the Z, they did revise the suspension for '04 though, and I haven't seen many complaints. I had switched my shocks/springs/sways myself. If you want a nice ride and are going to import something, how about a G35 coupe. The longer wheelbase and different suspension tuning gives it a better ride. You don't see those in europe, and they are roughly the same price as a touring Z, but you get more for the money, and if you want to mod it, just about everything they make for the Z works on it also.

If you don't want to import, go for the BMW. Thats an awesome deal and a great car.