HybridZ

240z Color Schemes

rudypoochris

Which Scheme?  

1. 1. Which Scheme?

• Blue body darker lower panels with bronze wheels
    • Dark blue body lighter panels with bronze wheels
    • Lime greenish yellow with black wheels

Okay so I am getting ready to choose wheel colors so I needed to have some color schemes for the car in mind. Photoshops are from Gollum on 2003z's car.

I think I am leaning towards the Blue with dark blue valance and bronze rims with polished lip.

Trythree.jpg

Trytwo.jpg

The rims are neither of those bronzes and the dark dark blue strip is i dont know what, I wont have that, that is gollum's tastes :P

Tryone.jpg

This is color flipped.

toogreen2.jpg

And here is what would be a greenish yellow with black rims + polished lip, sorry the picture is crazy look at the center of the door to get the color im going for.

PICT0035.sized.jpg

Those are the wheels in bronze, I dont have a black photo.

So opinions...? Polished lip or no polished lip? Dark blue ontop or bottom? Green or blue? Bronze or black wheels? Etc.

pic number one. because it looks like be belongs on an episode of initial D...

...honestly though, it's the perfect old school look for the ZG flares I think. The rim in the real life pic don't look very bronze, I had subaru bronze in mind when you asked for the pic... Maybe I'll go try again.

I am fighting off the temptation to paint my Z 2005 BMW M3 Laguna seca blue Very close to the color in the first pic. I would do the blue with black wheels and paint the zg flares body color. As of now I am painting it 2002 vw yellow with gunnmetal zg flares and gunnmetal ccw / wannabes.

Here is what you should do. Upper portion the light blue. Valances, front fascia, and ZG flares dark blue. Never have been to fond of bronze rims (I think black or even better silver would work) otherwise still go with a polished lip. It will give the rims more depth and it will compliment the door handles and the window trim.

lime green yes.. its a sexy color..

but ever thought about gold centers with polished lip?

its deff not something you see everyday but it looks awesome!

i have about 10000000's of pics i photoshopped of different color Z's with different color wheel combos and thats one i like alot.

the lime green you should look into is a new VW beetle.. its a sorta rare color on them and it looks close to the factory datsun lime green but nicer.

mike

thanks man.

The Hulk has 275-40-ZR17 on the back now but i have some Advan 315-40's for it now.

Thanks for the Laguna seca blue.. its deff a nice color, looks way cool in person.

just got my real JDM black fender mirrors for it so those go on next.

mike

ive been searching for some since my last pair i bough (new, never used), and that was over a year ago.. and before those i was looking for about 2 or so years.

they dont make them anymore and i got lucky both times.

this time i got some new never used in the box ones from a friend of Vince (Vintage Tech Z).. he was parting out his pretty cool from what i heard Z.

i always have some spare cash laying around to buy a set if i find them, getting near impossiable to get, even in Japan.

mike

Guest speedstar

im going with chalkboard flat black from a rattle can in mine, then adding msa fender flares a spook spoiler,and a carbon bre rear wing and carbon hood. should look pretty good i think. ill post pics once ive got everything back on.

I think you should go with the lighter blue body, darker blue ground fx, and the black wheels

Ya I was thinking that at first, but then I realized that was too not my taste at all. The yellowish green can be made bold but it will also look good in five years I think. The blue I would kick myself in 5-10 years.