HybridZ

Hi there

silviaguy240

gonna introduce my self i guess..i have a 78 280z..i was recently trying to sell my z but, ive decided to keep it about another year and see then what i want to do. im 17 this is my first car :-D , bought it off a family friend. right now it has ~71,700 origional miles on it bought it with 69,455 ive had it for the past 6 months and really enjoyed it. for the summer, im planning on a new clutch (stocker is goin), tokico shocks and springs, SSR mesh wheels, 3" header+exhaust strait pipes, and havent decided on 240/260 front rear bumper and a lip, or a whole fiberglass bumper. and heres some pics.

9-100_1057.jpg

9-100_1060.jpg

9-100_1061.jpg

9-100_1067.jpg

9-100_1070.jpg

9-100_1077.jpg

9-100_1432.jpg

9-100_1434.jpg

First response is OMG. That is cleaner/nicer then my finished car will probably ever be! I am 17 too. Are you planning on doing any kind of motorswap? Also, I would advice against the tokico springs, as they are progressive and give you a little too much absorbsion before the rate gets good, that is just my opinion. If you want illuminas and shocks cheap, find jdmwerks on ebay (he has a store). You can get illumina 5 ways with the springs for about $550, then just sell the springs, got $190 for mine.

I am not a big 280z guy, i enjoy the 2 seater 240z's a bit more due to their much lighter weight. But that car has alot of potential. Honestly though, I wouldn't touch that thing it is in such good stock condition I would sell it, then buy a 240z that needed work. That is just me though. Fine specimen, welcome, and remember to use the search function before you ask a question.

First response is OMG. That is cleaner/nicer then my finished car will probably ever be! I am 17 too. Are you planning on doing any kind of motorswap? Also' date=' I would advice against the tokico springs, as they are progressive and give you a little too much absorbsion before the rate gets good, that is just my opinion. If you want illuminas and shocks cheap, find jdmwerks on ebay (he has a store). You can get illumina 5 ways with the springs for about $550, then just sell the springs, got $190 for mine.

I am not a big 280z guy, i enjoy the 2 seater 240z's a bit more due to their much lighter weight. But that car has alot of potential. Honestly though, I wouldn't touch that thing it is in such good stock condition I would sell it, then buy a 240z that needed work. That is just me though. Fine specimen, welcome, and remember to use the search function before you ask a question.[/quote']

as far as a swap..probably no. but if i were too im stickin to nissan and goin with the RB25..26 is too much and the support for the 20 is too little. i know about RB's and SR's and the whole deal, because what i really want to get is a 240sx and have been in love with them for the past year. done my share of research and already know a bunch on what to do for a 240sx. so thats what i will be getting after my Z.

oh and to make you all jealous...i bought the car for $3500 :twisted: