HybridZ

Got my SU's, and ready to put into 280, a few Q,s.

Guest flatblackZ

Guest flatblackZ

Ok, well I got my roundtop SU's, and I am going to dissassemble and clean them and sandblast the manifolds tomorrow. I just need a few questions answered. Ok, well I don't have the auxilary throttle shaft, but I do have the throttle shaft which connects the two carbs. I am not doing most of the smog stuff cause montana doesn't require much of it. No EGR, and hopefully no unnecessary stuff. This is what I have, I have the carbs, manifolds, balance tube, spacers, fuel lines, the linkage which connects to auxilary throttle shaft from throttle shaft, I have a holley red fuel pump, and a fuel pressure regulator. I will not be running water through it either. I just need the simplest way to set these beasts up, I just want to get her running!! What should I do about the firewall linkage? Oh yeah, and if anyone can tell me what I should do for fuel lines that would be sweet. I am very new to carburetion, and if anyone who has done it to a 280Z, then please send pictures. Thanks.

Thanks tony. Are the small black cables which go through the firewall just choke cables or something? Again I don't know much about carbs, but I'm pretty sure the guy who is helping me will know what to do as far as tuning them and such, the main thing I am kind of worried about is the linkage, and missing that top part of it. Maybe ill get a universal linkage kit, who knows, but any more ideas and pictures of SU's in a 280 engine bay would be cool.

Thanks

not "choke" cables, "starter system" cables...Unless you have teh flat top HIF6 smog carbs---they have a real choke plate.

Using an appropriate 10mm drill rod, you can make the upper linkage and use a standard Mikuini or Weber downlink and heim joints to connect to the stock piece between the carbs. From that fabricated upper bar, you can install a clamp on throttle quadrant, and go throttle cable easily.

Look in the linkages section here for what you need to make it up, you should be able to get drill rod from an industrial supply house locally.

http://twminduction.com

Hey Jeff

If you can find the linkage from a 260 in the JY it should work, if I'm not mistaken it is the same as the linkage in my '73 240 (both used the same crappy flat-top carbs) all you have to do is adjust the little "rod ends" on the linkage by unscrewing them a bit to compensate for the distance. That's what I did when I swapped in my SU's. Hope this helps.