HybridZ

the new z should have looked .....

660Z

like the new 575m ferrari maranello.

instead the 350z looks like every other new car on the road same no style.wasn`t the 240 styled like the ferrari?..wasn`t it as sexy as the ferrari?...and didn`t you want to drive one when you saw it?.....ad`s keep comparing the 350z to the 240z....and it`s no 240z....one thing i do think the 350z would be good for is parts for my 240z (it has a LSD)......look at the new M/T issue and compare the 350z to the fararri and you see the mistake nissan made.......mark

I agree. The 575 Fsrrari is closest to what I imagined the

new Z should look like. With some minor changes.

Lose the shark gill side vents.

Lose the hood scoop, and give it the Z hump.

Give the quarter windows a little classic z shape.

Maybe shorten and lower the tail (more drop-off) a bit.

138_ferrari_575_01.jpg

138_ferrari_575_02.jpg

Guest Anonymous

I agree with Mark, if I wanted a clone of all the other cars being produced today, I'd just buy one of them. It really is a shame that Nissan couldn't muster up enough gall to design something that would make people run down to the dealership in droves to buy as they did with the 240Z. I guarantee the new z won't be anywhere near the success of the 240.

the 240 is a combination of the jag, toyota 2000gt, part corvette, and some other cars from europe that i cant name - and performed comparably to cars in the next price range higher, exactly what the 240 strove to do. now the market is different and i hope the new car can do that now, but i dont think it can. but the 240 wasnt the most original design ever, and i think the only reason it looks so great and original today is because the jag, porsche,and toyota cars that nissan got its influence from have died, while the z cars still live, and most cars today look the same, like they did in the 70s. its just now you see this great 70s car amongst the newer cars and rocking style points all over em.

Guest Anonymous

Len I agree that the 240 did look like the Jag and Ferrari, however when you saw one going down the road there was no mistaking the fact that it was a Z, unlike the cars of today.And I'm not just referring to the Z, as just about all of the sports cars look alike as do the sedans, luxury cars, SUV's etc. It really is a shame that there is no creativity left in the automotie industry anymore. As disappointed as I am with the new Z,I must say I'm glad to see that it did get a 6 cylinder instead of the 4 they talked about originally. However I would much rather have seen a hopped up Infinity V8 with a 6spd trans.

Guest Anonymous

I don't see a huge family resemblence to a 240 really. I see celica headlights, badly done rear end and a rear quarter window that looks like it was a lift almost exactly from the last gen 300zx. (It wouldn't surprise me if its a part bin duplicate and wasn't changed at all, maybe not but it looks very similar to me). The nose is to short to have the classic 240 lines. Its ok I guess, but for my tastes nah, nissan hasn't blown me away (at least in the US market, a skyline well I could dig that) in a number of years sorry. There current design team should be whipped senseless with some stale tofu.

Regards,

Lone

I do like the new 350Z, but is not what I was hoping for.

I would have liked it to looked more like the 240Z. Like

what VW did with the beetle. You look at the new Beetle

and you know it's a Beetle. You look at the 350Z and you

think "nice car, what is it?"

The V6 was a mistake as well. They had a pefectly suitable

engine in the RB26 series.

I came to within one day of preordering the 350Z. I had worked

out a deal with a local Nissan dealership, and I only needed

to come in a sign the papers. But, I backed out on the last day.

I had my 240Z sitting in my shop gathering dust, and I really

needed a truck or SUV (country living). So, I went the praticle

route and dropped the 350Z idea, sold my Impreza RS and got the SUV.

Now I'm spending all my money on the 240Z, and I only get pangs

of regret on the few occasions I see pictures of the 350Z. On

those occasions I try to imagine spanking a 350Z with my hybrid

240Z, and I feel better :D

Guest gprix1

660Z and Boobala,

You guys are both SPOT ON in my opinion. I truly feel the new 350Z missed the mark BIG TIME. Maybe the 575 Ferrari should be called the 350Z Ferrari just to piss off Nissan. Ferrari did a much better job of capturing the classic Z than Nissan did. I seriously doubt there are many folks who took a first look at the 350Z and absolutely loved it. More like, "I think it will grow on me". Be honest now, you know it's true.

Originally posted by StinkyFatPig:

when is the new Z going to be sold retail?

next year?

I cant wait to see what some people do with theres

You can pre-order right now. (if there are any left). Give your favorite Nissan dealer a call.

Delivery starts near the end of August, Early Sept.