HybridZ

Old z is coming home

zdmz

I just found out that I may be getting my first z car back. I gave it away almost 10 yrs ago. The guy I gave it to didn't do much with it and is giving it back. It is a '71 240z - white with blue interior.

Now I have to decide what to do with 2 z cars. I was planning on doing a wide body kit on the 260 with a mild 350 engine and using it as a daily driver. But now I am thinking I can restore the 240 to original and make the 260 a gonzo fast drag car that will stomp all over my brothers 12 second 66 mustang.

I think having 2 z's will be great, one for play and one for play.

fox body hatch 5.0s were 2834 between 90-93. I think the earlier foxes were slightly lighter, but not significantly.

The 65-66 is one of the lightest mustangs ever made. Remeber, this is a car so small ford couldn't put a production big block work in becuase they would have had to make serious modifications that wouldn't be cost effective.

But making an 11 sec Z isn't too hard ;)

Just make sure he's not throwing parts on his mustang without telling you :D You don't want to build a 11 sec Z then get beat.

He is currently running a 351 engine that has been bored out to a 408. He has AFR heads and we are guessing that it is putting out about 500 hp. Has not had it dyno'd yet.

We went to the drag strip in Fallon, NV a few weeks ago and he did about 8 passes.....his times were between 11.99 and 12.08. If nothing else he is consistant.

The engine does fit in the car.....just barely! There is literally no room between the headers and shock towers.

He is not much of a mechanic so I don't think anything will change on his car.

The guy that was holding his hand through the build on the car has moved so he may never even get the door to the glove box reinstalled!!!

I came home from work today to find my old z in my back yard! It is dark out so I can't see it real well but it look pretty ragged.

Looks like the seats are rotting and severe body rot around the wheel wells. The windows are rolled down and wont go up (don't know how long they have been down but I bet it has been through all of last winter).

The passenger tail light is busted out.

It looks like it has been towed by the front bumper.

Opened the driver side door and now it wont shut.

That is all from looking at it for about one minute. I got disgusted and came in the house.

I'll take a closer look tomorrow and maybe post some pictures.

I came home from work today to find my old z in my back yard! It is dark out so I can't see it real well but it look pretty ragged.

Looks like the seats are rotting and severe body rot around the wheel wells. The windows are rolled down and wont go up (don't know how long they have been down but I bet it has been through all of last winter).

The passenger tail light is busted out.

It looks like it has been towed by the front bumper.

Opened the driver side door and now it wont shut.

That is all from looking at it for about one minute. I got disgusted and came in the house.

I'll take a closer look tomorrow and maybe post some pictures.

That sucks. Just wondering, why did you choose to buy that one back?

I went out to look at the car this morning and found out why the windows wont roll up - they are broken out!!!

Also found out that the light buckets are made of fiberglass - I know that because one of them is broken.

I am going to have to rethink what to do with this car. I may use it for parts.

It is not beyond repair, I just need to decide if I want to put the work into it.

""That sucks. Just wondering, why did you choose to buy that one back?"

I didn't buy it back, I gave the car away about 8 years ago and told the guy I gave it to that if he ever got tired of it that I wanted it back. I got it back for free. It wasn't in great shape when I gave it away but it is a LOT worse now.

There are some pictures in my photo album but can't seem to post them.