HybridZ

Need help finding a source for a rb30 bottom

jl87ma

Does anyone know where i might find one i am looking into doing an rb30bottom with rb26 head?

i live in los angeles thanks

Send a Private Message to AKWIKZ (Brian). He has 4-5 RB30 short blocks ready to be shipped from Oz. He's in San Diego... so you won't have to go far.

-Keith

• 2 weeks later...

Wow people basically let them sit in their back yards to rust away where I am, just like people in the USA do with those precious, special L28ET's.....

If an L28ET appears on my doorstep one day, I will happily send an RB30E to the reply address :) *hint hint*

nitr0,

Funny you mention the L28et's. I have seen them in several Pick-N-Pulls. Usually the block ends up crushed with the car.

Shipping and Handling is the major killer. I paid around $200US for an RB30 block off ebay and it ended up costing me an additional $500US to get it here.

If you have any ideas or know anyone in the shipping field, I wouldn't mind getting all the L28et's you could handle. I hate seeing good stuff get melted down for scrap.

Well how much is a working L28ET worth? I dont want just the block, i want the whole motor. It took me 3 months to find a turbo exhaust manifold on Japanese Yahoo auctions, and another 4 months after that until it arrived, so at the moment i'm going to be running (and killing) F54 blocks with N42 heads.

280zx's get no respect here in Australia so i want to keep the original L Series in this car and build it up nicely - hey my zx will be RARE (in aust) with an L28ET.

nitr0,

Any motor out of Pick-N-Pull is what I consider a rebuildable core. Complete motors go for $150US plus a $50US core and of course the environmental fee and taxes. So figure about $250US is the value of any motor at Pick-N-Pull.

Do you need another L28et exhaust manifold? I have one sitting around just taking up space.

Sorry for the slight highjack

nitr0,

you could pick up a L20ET from a skyline, leopard or laurel (the laurel is the best I have been told as these are a larger car and have the same downpipe etc of the L28ET found in the USA). Then pickup a F54/P90 NA motor from a 280zx 81 or above send me the flat - pistons :) install some N42 pistons and bolt all the L20ET stuff on (replacing the turbo with a Z31 single turbo larger and better than the L20ET unit). Use the L20ET cam - or have this re ground as these have lots of meat. And one more thing use Z31 turbo injectors if you want to have hole tail type. This will give you the same setup as the L28ET from the US but without the shipping expence = you could use the $$ saved to purchase some nice forged pistons.

Or I can sell you all these bits from my Laurel :) I will be visiting Melbourne on business in early January so I could put into a box and take as luggage :) (If I travel light on the rest of the luggage) However I will be keeping the Cam.

Back to the topic RB30 here in NZ they are becoming harder to find now also as most are getting used up by the import crew for building RB30DET and installing into drag cars, drift cars, race cars and the old wild street car ;) a Clint.

Back to the topic RB30 here in NZ they are becoming harder to find now also as most are getting used up by the import crew for building RB30DET and installing into drag cars, drift cars, race cars and the old wild street car ;) a Clint.

Thats right Mike! :wink: theres a few sicko's like me around.

There are still plenty of RB30's around NZ & Aussie, and the Aussie built VL Holden Commodores that they came out in. But as NZeder said, there are also now a few people after them, so the price is going up!

I have got three of them, that should prob give enough spare parts for now, but will always be on the look out for bargin doner engines. As everyone else has said the freight from NZ/Aussie to the US is the killer, I guess it all about how bad you really want one though eh.

Clint T