HybridZ

A very speccial hybridz

Cjarloz

actually it has been posted before. IT was for sale for a while one ebay I believe (minus motor).

For those that the link doesn't work it's the red ZX with the turbin motor. The consensus before was that the motor he used isn't a true jet engine as you might think, but rather a backup engine of some sort. One guy mentioned they're what they used to start thier motors at his work, one guy mentioned they're used as emergency turbin spinners on planes. I don't think there ever was a 100% definate answer it seemed.

All in all it's just a novelty item. imo

I am under the impression that turbines are horrible engines to use in normal cars. They simply dont do well with changing rpms on demand. They need to spool up and all that, and if you try to get it to raise its rpms quickly then you can potentially melt the thing and cause alot of damage. they do make loads of power though. A very very wide CVT might be able to handle it, but otherwise you would just be slippin the clutch alot. Good for a top speed test or something of the sort I would think.