HybridZ

Holset hy35w Z running with msns-extra

Thumper

am i the only one that doesnt ever have a problem with "lag"..

just dont get off the damn gas when you shift..

lol... tony d is going crazy!! haha

mike

I can tell you firsthand that with Ms you can build 12psi of boost at 1200rpms using their rev limiter function...

You can also burn down the turbo doing so....

I have no "lag" problem, but use the right word, as "lag" is the TIME difference between full throttle application and the onset of FULL Boost Level.

The "boost threshold" is the mimimum RPM the engine must be operating at to MAKE FULL BOOST.

They are TWO DIFFERENT THINGS.

One is Time-Based ONLY.

One is RPM-Based ONLY.

TIME=LAG

RPM=THRESHOLD

The holset turbo is becoming a more and more popular unit to run. You can usually find a used one fairly cheap and they can give excellent performance. If anyone wants to buy one new tho, they can be had for under $1000. Try out an hx40....hehehe...it'll work great for a higher powered drag car. If anyone is wondering where you can source them new and at good prices, send me an e-mail. I'm currently setting up Lonewolf as a dealer and they're getting me a good enough deal that I can pass it on to others.

• 2 years later...

From my point of view switching from the stock ecu and t3, and going to the megasquirt and holset was a win win no loss in driviability, but great loads of power. With 370cc injectors they will be maxed out around 11-12psi so you will need to upgrade to 440's at least to get into the efficiency of this turbo. And I wouldn't even waste my time putting this on if you had stock injectors. Unless you had 12 of them:twisted:

I was planning on using stock injectors for now...should i be worried? anyone?