HybridZ

Tired of all the mouth!!!

utvolman99

i used to have a lot of fun in my little

b16a civic, a ton of fun. but these cars were never built with performance in mind other than getting you from point A to point B comfortable and smooth like. for a commuter they are it. nice and smooth, soft driving. very reliable cars, if i had money like that i would be driving one everyday, automatic.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Heh, chatting with a friend the other day I asked him if anyting "interesting" had crossed the dyno. Well he says, there's a little white Honda running around with 300+HP at the front wheels you might not want to mess with! Doh! There are several Hondas around here that flat out fly, and about a zillion that can't get out of their own way.

The ONE race I've had in the Supra was just such a little twerp. Trying to pass him to get around some traffic I had a ways in front of me. Pedal down just past cruising I'm wondering WHY I'm not passing the Honda faster :confused: Then I notice the crap pouring out of his exhaust pipe bonk.gif I eased into the gas, got next to him, and went WOT malebitchslap.gif Gawd, let them all be that easy! This little sucker was a joke and I'll bet he thought he had something for me too. nono.gif

Sadly, lot's of these kids just have no idea what power really is, have never driven a "fast" car, and the mags that cater to them really don't help them very much... SportCompact seems somewhat good and has decent tech articles IMO but some of th ecrap out there for these guys is really bad. They're selling as much ass as they are car parts I swear!

Guest 400 ci 280z

i am the same as 980mak i am 17 in high school with a lot of kids that think their imports are hot stuff. dont get me wrong i like a lot of imports but it is just the way they act. just putting a $4,000 stereo, lights for windsheild washers, and insane body kits. i thaink if you want to look fast you better have something to back it up with. this is why i am putting a 400 in my 280z. i am also lucky enough to have 2 car (94 bronco and my 77 280z). i also need to thank everyone here because of their help. i just hope i can re-pay the favor.

cheers.gif

:D Amusing reading all the comments to this post. I do believe the F&F movie got to a lot of them. Most of the young ricers I know have never even worked on an engine. They rely solely on bolt-ons and bottles, and have no idea what combo's work together well and what combo's fry their pistons. I hate to say it but I think my own kid has bought into Ricermania. Needless to say his days are numbered in this household. ZV-8 and over-hyped rice caddies don't mix. Well it will do him good to get out on his own anyway. His crowd talks 10's and 11's like they're common as shoe sizes. They think the American V-8 went out with Rock&Roll. Toast em every chance you get. 2thumbs.gifcheers.gif

DanH

You funny Dan! I've got a friedn who's got a youngester living with him - same deal. These guys think that little 4bangers are the deal. He tries to tell them they've not got a clue but they don't want to listen to him. SOME are fast but most have never sat in a fast car on a long pull. Hell, I had one kid in the RX7 flipping out one day. When he drove it he would never go over 4K which is where boost really builds. I drove him in it and was hitting 7K plus with him hanging on for dear life! Would love to get a few of these kids in the Z or my Supra but I might have to make them wear Depends first...

Guest Anonymous

My friend has an 88 RX-7 vert. It's a pretty cool little car. I like how it beeps when you hit red line. My brother has a 91 MR2 Turbo. That is a fun car to drive. The great thing about them is they have a lot of untapped hp. With a boost controller, intake and exhaust it should hit at least low 13s. It's a pretty durable engine too. The rides a hell of a lot smoother than my Z, too.

Guest Anonymous

So I guess if we're somewhere in between ricers and American muscle... that must put us in about the same class as all the riced out Cavaliers I've been seeing lately? :eek:

i not only consider my z a rice rocket, i know its a rice rocket, my twin slant bomb mufflers, blue headlights, soon to be flush bodied car with monster tires is the king of import racing.

with a four speed b_hand.gifb_hand.gifb_hand.gifb_hand.gif makin them folks say :eek: and the yuppies say :mad: and the ladies go :D and my homies say rockon.gif

• 2 weeks later...

There was actually a thread on the corvette forum, A Corvette owner was talking trash to this Civic owner...the civic owner wasnt really talking much trash back, but simply asking to have a race to prove his civic would take his corvette...after the corvette owner talked a bit more trash they finally met up....and the civic trounced him :D

Now, I'm only just turned 20 so I don't really take too kindly to ricers being referred to as "all those kids" because I'm still a kid in some ways. I still watch SpongeBob Squarepants on Nick, it's a quality show...

I'm 43 and watch SpongeBob Squarepants...

Somethings never change.

Guest super280z
hah! can't even call me rice - it's a domestic
well we'll just call ya "wheat" then. :D

well as far as im concerned im a Chevrolet man to the core. (not that im Preaching that) i grew up owning, driving and racing nothing but Chevy. the first time i saw my Z i actually hated it until somone said i should just put a smallblock in it. :D what a life changing experience i tell ya. sure it's rice cause it's a japaneese car but it's rice with the soul of a Chevy and boy ya gotta love that. it's stuff like this that changed my whole aspect on cars. i really dont care what brand specific car, truck or suv, whatever ya got. Fast is Fast, and it's worth respecting anyone that can take a vehicle and make it fast.

the real "ricers" with their fart cans, "toe-out chopped spring, could'nt corner if there life depended on it" suspension, and their stinkin ghetto blue saran wrapped headlights, really piss me off simply because they give real hot-rodders a bad rap and needlessly exploit perfectly decent econobox cars.

on the bright side, i guess i've actually been hating ford less since they've been around. seriously, without rice, who would we make fun of?

wheww.. there im off the soap box now. :rolleyes: peace,

if it werent so fun making my red devil run so good id be in some bonified detroit muscle car, like a 65 nova, a chevelle, a skylark, or my favorite THE VETTE. the vette is what i think a z car could only wish he could be, true you can mod up a z to beat a vette, but you can mod up a vette and vanquish a z, and just about anything else in the straights and in the turns, and i mean just about any vette is capable of this. true some vettes are not built like others, but the potential in the chassis is always there in any c3-c5, one of these days imma have my vette, but right now ive got my zette, and im not mad.

I'm only 16 as well with my LT1 260 about a month away from finish. Even here in little old Idaho there is a huge rice scene. One kid at my school drives a '90 something Geo Storm. He thinks it some pretty hot **** . Huge banner on his hood that aggresively says "STORM" another that says "Geo Racing" as well as the japanese lettering (covering his tail lights), and all the other typical rice stuff. When I first say his car I started laughing hysterically, he promptly pulls up next to me and says "YOU GOT SOMETHIN' YOU WANNA SAY??!!". I told that I thougt it was funny than **** how he races a Geo. Then he quickly drove off. Every day leaving the parking lot he smokes his tires, as much as he can, usually lasting 5 or 6 feet with his clutch screaming for mercy. When my car is done I'm going to wait for him to walk out of the school right where he can see me, then continue to do a massive smoking burnout from one end of the parking lot to the other; show him what real power is. Funny how most of the kids around don't realize what motor is going in, when they ask I tell them "it's out of a mid 90's buick" (ala LT1 Buick Roadmaster). They then off course ask how fast it's going to be I tell them "not that fast you'll probably beat me, look how old the car is". They are all so clueless I have to mess with them. I also tell people my alternater is a supercharger, new muffler bearings, etc. They just nod there heads and pretend like they already know, and that I'm pointin out the obvious; the irony just kills me. Granted there are some other real hot rodder at my school, most have fox bodies and are hot headed. They'll be in for quite a surprise when I'm finished......... rockon.gifrockon.gif

Guest Anonymous

I just want to clear up some of the Vette talk. Vettes are my favorite carS, period, as in: the car, the myth, the legend. I love both my Z's, but ever since I saw my first 'Ray when I was a young lad it was just love at first sight.. all out muscle.

Anyway, the clearing up part.. someone posted a civic that toasted a vette from a vette forum. I read that same post- and the first 2 of 3 runs ($50 each) the vette just toasted his tires- THE GUY did not know how to drive it, it wasn't the C5, it was the driver. And FL, you meantioned a c3-c5 chassis.. you might as well throw in the C2 chassis, since they're my favorite years :D (the ORIGINAL 'ray), and they use the same chassis as the C3's. I like to think of it as this way:

if I were to walk into a car show, and I saw a really nice custom vette, and I saw a really nice custom s30 Z, I would be so confounded as to which to look at first I'd probably break down in tears cry2.gif

So maybe some wonder why I don't own 2 vettes instead of 2 Z's. Well.... I can't afford a decent vette, I'm too picky for my price (as asking for a non-dog year all that much :confused::D )

I love the handling and styling on Z's

and best of all.. the LIGHT WEIGHT!

Its all about the power:weight ratio baby!

hail.gifhail.gifflamedevil.gif

-980mak rockon.gif

you know, alot of hondas are over rated, they really arent as fast as people make them out to be... my friend has a 2001 integra gsr with a jackson racing supercharger and we raced once... from a rolling speed of about 15mph, from 1st gear thru 3rd and slowed down when i missed 4th. in my 76 280Z and i stayed dead even with him. my car is pretty tired and worn (getting the new turbo motor in 2 days!) and i'm suprised it did so good against his car considering he payed 19k for the car + 3k for the supercharger. also... not all 16 year olds think they are know it alls and the best drivers out there. i'll admit im not a professional driver and i don't know much that much about cars compared to some of you guys...but that is why i'm here.

• 3 months later...
Guest 240Zduz10s

well now... what a good topic..

fist things first.. i drive an mr2 turbo and learned all gearhead related material from the import side of things and have met quite alot of serious import racers who actually know there stuff and dont preach "import tuner magazine" as the bible..and for the last 3 years of modifiying my mr2 i honesly have yet to find any v8 car that will hang with this little guy.. but on the other hand have 20 grand into it because in reality a 4 cyl has to take on some serious boost to make power... then i discoverd torque.. i rode in an el camino.. with a big block (not sure which) and it was insane..since then i have been chasing guys with REAL muscle cars and trying to learn everything about em (some of my friends call me a traitor ) smile.gif but my true gearhead friends want to help with my project (2200 lb rx7 with sbc 350) smile.gif

while it is true that 95% of the import side are completely clueless there are some that really do know whats up.. and they usually hate ricers as much as the domestic crowd does ..soooo have a talk with them before dismissing them as ricers and if they sound like an idiot .. race them!! and show them whos boss ... thats my plan smile.gif

I am the owner of a 12 second street ZX, and I have seen some fast imports here, mainly in the DSM crowd. We have a DSM board here in Bham that I am a member on (they let a Z guy on it) which is very exclusive and hard to get on. Anyway, they have members (lots) that run 11's.

But you have to put it into perspective. That is on race gas and slicks. In fact I raced one of the 11 second cars at the drag strip at test and tune, and he had race gas (so did I) and slicks to my BFG drag TA's, and thru the 1/8th mile I beat him, it was only after he got up into third gear and could get the power to stick that he pulled away from me. He added 40 mph to his 1/8th mile speed, I could only add about 26.

Where you can get into trouble with cars like this is in a kick from a highway speed on the interstate. The come on boost about 4k and most can pull it to 8k.

I don't care what anyone says, a true 12 second street car is not going to lose much on the street.

Guest LIghtningZ
Originally posted by Dan H.:

:D Amusing reading all the comments to this post. I do believe the F&F movie got to a lot of them. Most of the young ricers I know have never even worked on an engine. They rely solely on bolt-ons and bottles, and have no idea what combo's work together well and what combo's fry their pistons. I hate to say it but I think my own kid has bought into Ricermania. Needless to say his days are numbered in this household. ZV-8 and over-hyped rice caddies don't mix. Well it will do him good to get out on his own anyway. His crowd talks 10's and 11's like they're common as shoe sizes. They think the American V-8 went out with Rock&Roll. Toast em every chance you get. 2thumbs.gifcheers.gif

DanH

eek2.gif Good Gawd wait till i tell my band that Rock & Roll went out, (I guess i'll have to make us an(are umpa pa bands still in :confused: )