HybridZ

doing away with back hatch window

zliminator

I was thinking about replacing the back hatch on my 240 with a windowless fiberglass replacement and mounting some louvers on it for asthetics. I'm also thinking about mounting a cam on the roof or inside the panel next to the lic. plate to show whats in the rear. Harbor freight Tools has one for $40 and MCM has a 4" monitor for $99. I have a pair mounted in my truck. It works just like a rearview mirror only the image is reversed. I figured replacing the hatch would save some weight and I wanted to redesign my dashboard anyway and it would add to the coolness factor. I just put some pics in my photo album. Haven't figured out how to link pics here yet.

Louvers are supposed to shade a window. But you want to put them on a hatch that doesn't have a window at all? That's a little... different. Have you considered one of John's hatches with the Lexan window in it. Nice and light and you don't have to mount a screen in your dash. http://www.betamotorsports.com