HybridZ

2007:The return my fav opponents (Do you have a make/model you hold a grudge to?)

240ZR

My beef is with people that think comaros' date=' stangs, fire chickens, ect, think they're fast with few mods. Very few cars take my attention in stock trim. I've watched guys take thier precious new M3s to the track only to run 14s. I've watched 03-04 cobras run 14's, i've seen WS6s run 14's. Basically most those guys that you can get to race you stop light to stop light can't drive (maybe this is different other places, but around here it's true). Watch a mustang guy shift, watch it take him half a second. I've driven plenty of mustangs, it's an art to shift the older fox stangs. But you can get those shifts extremely fast if you know how.

But there's ALWAYS those people, with exhast, maybe intake, maybe even some other light mods like FPR (illegal in CA), but they still can't drive and even if they could they still wouldn't be that fast.

I think if you had a car you could run 11s in you could smoke just about anyone you met on the street in my part of the bay. Shoot, I have friends with 13's second cars that have a hard time finding a challenge on the street. Unless you're going to serious street races or the track, people are just plain slow.

But my all time hated car would be... (gotta think) euro cars... yea, euro cars. They're the only owners I've found that just seem to hate everything. Most car owners can respect anything that's really fast, but not euro people, they always seem stuck up about thier companies.

I still expect GM to make another comaro someday, but maybe i'm wrong there. If the vette reached for exotic/supercar status (wich i hope it does, even though i'm not a fan, just admirer) ford had better get it's act in gear with the GT... :roll: But that could leave GM totally out of the market for muscle bound american buyers. The GTO isn't at hit, and what else is there?

Now that challenger spyshot... oOo, a dodge that could reclaim thier dignity. It would be nice if it actually looked like that. I still wouldn't buy it, but that's for other reasons. Now they just need to remake the cuda, roadrunner, and demon. Maybe even the dart.[/quote']

03/04 Cobras are low 11 second cars (with a good driver) with little mods. Camaros and be made to do the same thing with a 12 bolt and some additional mods. Newer Cobras and LS1s will run mid 12s with little mods and a decent driver.

GM has already reached that exotic level with the new Z06 Vette. Runs a few seconds shy of a Carrera GT around The Ring.

Guest davidssickmind
GM has already reached that exotic level with the new Z06 Vette. Runs a few seconds shy of a Carrera GT around The Ring.

Yep, just look at all the magazines comparing the Vette to the Viper and GT40

Well, if you're time you've got listed for the Z06 is 7:42 then it's a bit shy of the carrera GT's 7:28

The Z06 has 150 Kg on the carrera GT and has 112 less HP

The Z05 has 200 Kg on the ford GT and has 50 less HP

Statistically they SHOULD be in exotic territory. But are they seen as such by most people? I personally see them as budget as supercar gets. They smoke many high end cars out there, wich is a feat to behold.

But many people won't be able to ever see the vette as a supercar becuase of it's history. It's never been as fast as it is now. Even die hard ford fanatics have a hard time when I tell them the 03' cobra was the fastest mustang ever produced when they came out. Truth is truth, and it can hurt and be unbelievable.

But to be fair, we're seeing results like this across the board. The evo 9 when tested by BMI ran a 8:11 in the rain at the ring. And it's a 4 door 4 cylinder. That's just insane. Cars are just faster than they've ever been. There are crazy fast cars in every catagory nowdays.

(i'm really sorry for the off topic post)

So back on topic (sorta). Who likes the new solstice? I personally don't like them now that i've sat in one, but I like the idea. I think GM should be making more cars like it. (no i don't mean the satern version, i mean a car that's as awsome looking and affordable with good performance)

the engine isn't very powerful. there was a supercharged one at the goodguys show, that made it a bit more respectable. [they kinda riced it out though :P ]

the idea of it kinda seems like the 240z when it came out: cheap sports car.

I'd like it more if it came in a hardtop.

But I think i'll stick with my non-running Z.

Well' date=' if you're time you've got listed for the Z06 is 7:42 then it's a bit shy of the carrera GT's 7:28

The Z06 has 150 Kg on the carrera GT and has 112 less HP

The Z05 has 200 Kg on the ford GT and has 50 less HP

[/quote']

I'm nitpicking, but I read it was a 7:32 somewhere.

Four seconds on a such a large course is not nearly as big as it would be on something much smaller.