HybridZ

Carpets and weather stripping

Guest Crema240z

Guest Crema240z

How many of you have used the carpet and weather stripping kits from zcarparts.com and if they were quality also how difficult was installation?

Also if any one has tried 2 or more different carpet kits how did they compare in fit/installation ease/price etc..

I got a carpet kit from a group in Flordia. I'll look up their name when I get home tonight. The carpet was ok, but you have to cut everything up front to fit. I was a little disapointed in that, but the quality of the carpet is ok and if you take your time it will come out good. The rear fit perfect. Personally I would look for one that was pre-cut, it would be much easier.

I did my own carpet from a boat store, so much nicer.

As for the seals i've used the MSA hatch and door seals (non OEM)

I have 78 280z. Hatch seal is EXCELLENT very impressed. Door seals however are a bit annoying, your doors don't close right for a while till the rubber "wears in" about a month or so in hot TX weather did the trick. However they do seal excellent and don't leak.

-Ed

I've heard that the MSA weatherstripping fits nicely, everywhere except for on the doors. The OEM weatherstripping is still available, though, so you could buy the kit and then source the door seals from Nissan (mine cost $51 per side).

I've done both. The MSA molded carpet kit installation went more easily when I cut the front carpet in half under the console and put each half in separately. It lasted 7-8 years and then started to disintegrate. I've now had it replaced with a high end house carpet that is much denser and does a better job insulating.

I got the entire weatherstripping kit from MSA. It installed fine with only a little adjusting here and there. Doors & hatch close very snugly now.

How many of you have used the carpet and weather stripping kits from zcarparts.com and if they were quality also how difficult was installation?

Also if any one has tried 2 or more different carpet kits how did they compare in fit/installation ease/price etc..

I went with MSA a little pricey but perfect fit for both, no hassle.