HybridZ

Steeda mustang...

Z-Gad

Well, I was coming home from running errands this afternoon, minding my own business, and at the stoplight behind me I see decked out Mustang and a big GMC truck with a scoop take off when the light turned green. The Mustang just ran away from the truck. When they got up to me (my light was still red and there were 2 cars at the light in front of me ... one in each lane). The Stang driver was happily chatting wth the GMC truck guy after just putting a whoopin' on him. I started checking out the Mustang and it had a big STEEDA sticker on the top of the windshield, had a nice looking side exhaust (kinda angular and molded into the ground effects) and the "bullit" style wheels. It was all silver AND there was a 20 something year old driving it... I had seen the car a few times before near my neighborhood.

Anyway, finally the light turned green. I gave it a little gas to go around the cars in front of me. When I shifted, the blow off valve let off a tiny whistle. The Steeda jumped right behind me, followed me around the cars and when the coast was clear, I went into the left lane, leaving the right for him. As I went into the other lane (doing ~30-35 mph) I could hear him step on the gas. I thought he'd drop in next to me (for an even start), but he didn't let off. I see him smile and look over as he's going past. I step on the accelerator as I am next to him. I really haven't gotten onto the car since I finished the engine (again - aargh!!), but there's nearly 800 miles on the engine and I had just changed the oil for the second time. I had the boost set to ~13 lbs and at the 2nd to 3rd shift I was at his door. At the 3rd to 4th shift, he was at my door. I just wound out 4th and when I looked down at the gauges, I was tacking 6k, the speedo read 140 (reads a little fast) and he was atleast 1 car behind as I could see the whole car in my rear view. I let off the gas and slowed down to talk to him. He just slowed down proportionally and would not get beside me., I tried to waive to him, but he wouldn't even look over at me.

I had to run home to my computer to get this in...Sorry for the long drawn out story, but it was fresh in my head :D

Oh well, first kill for the 3.1 turbo :D

Amazing how easy it is to be gracious when you win - against a truck!? Too bad he couldn't have carried it over when picked on by someone his own size.

Obviously too much of his self-worth is tied up in his car. It's not the car that makes the driver.

Guest Anonymous

Great job haha. I bet he was embarrassed, I mean whats one of those go for, 30k or more? Probably on the phone to his builder going WTF I just got beat by a import, I need a bottle, no make that TWO!! BLING BLING... haha. :D

Regards,

Lone

Guest Anonymous

I need to check out some of the O-town Hybrids next time im up there, i usually visit friends from my hometown there every other weekend or so, i dont live that far away. Scottie, i would love to take a look at your car in person, looks like a very respectable ride

Nice kill Mike 2thumbs.gif

It's such a shame when people can't be gracious losers. If I had just been spanked by a little Datsun I would want to know what it had in it.

Ditto what Scottie said, you going out to the track on Wednesday?

Thanks guys, fortunately it was from a rolling start. It is hard to take a turbo Z from a roll. Had we been from a dead stop, I'm thinking he would have gotten a bigger jump on me, but with the same result :D

Having had the car down for the last 3-4 months...Boy have I missed that feeling twak.gif

oh man i need an intercooler. beat a 5.0 my first race, and i dont even know how to drive this car yet, but i love it. from a roll my car is pretty tough, the little bitty t3 spools very fast 3-6.5k, a pure kick in the pants to drive for sure.

Mustangs are a favorite prey of mine, but you have to be careful, a 10 second one looks like a 16 second one.

He wouldn't have hooked up any better than you I bet. Datsuns motivate pretty good when they are spinning, unless you are sitting on the limiter. Just get some drag ta's or something, and have at it. Nothing like being able to stick it hard on the street.

Way to lay it on him too. He probably new why he got beat, and must have been suffering from Porsche driver syndrome. :D