HybridZ

Where can i get these?

Guest Flow-Bro

Guest Flow-Bro

Im doing a manual tranny swap but i have no pedals where would be a good place to get them. I looked on ebay but i didnt get anything but the Faces for the pedals not the actual pedals. Theyre for a z31

• 2 weeks later...

i got the entire assembly on ebay for 12 dollars, but u only need the clutch petal and bolt and spring. really u can use the auto brake petal and just cut the footpad some so u dont have to get both petals. the bolt is the same as the brake one. and good news, u dont have to cut the firewall for the clutch master cylinder, just unbolt the cover. heheh im doing the same thing.

i'm doing this for my 71 s30, i got a clutch pedal from a jy 75 280z, didn't fit, they changed the design.. i just ordered a pedal assembly from a 71 z, so hopefully it works out this time..

Hey Lunar where you trying to do an auto to manual swap? I've been talking to a guy who's recently done this on a 75 280Z, but says it should work for an S30.

"It is pretty straight forward, the car is already prepped for the manual tranny, so most holes, bolts, etc. are already in place. You'll need a complete hydraulic set from a donor car, including clutch pedal (including the brake pedal), master cylinder, hydraulic lines, actuator and pushrod. Then of course the tranny, I choosed the 82-83zx for the even gear ratios. Depending on if you have the r180 or r200 you might need the half shaft from the donor as well, some careful measuring is in order, I have not been able to find a good source on what shaft fits with what tranny, but the shaft is easy to remove so after a couple of tries you should find a good one.

If you have a lift you are a lot more luckier than I was... Let me just say it is possible to remove and replace the tranny with just one man, a couple of jackstands and a standard floor jack... bur I would not recommend it.. It is the dirties job I have ever done on any car. It's somewhat interesting at times lying squeezed under the car with a tranny ontop of your body that is pissing tranny fluids all over you... But with a whole lot of effort it took me about a day to do it. I bet that if you have a lift and a tranny jack you could have it done in two to three hours if you are properly prepped for the job. One of the hardest parts is actually to get the clutch and brake pedal into the new car. You kind of have to grow a new set of fingers and learn to become an acrobat at the same time to get the little clips in to place. I said some really filthy words over that process... You have to cut the hole up where the stick comes from the tranny. but once again you just have to follow the already marked lines. You will need new rubber boots that stop all that hot air from entering the car, and make sure you get the right one that matches the year car and tranny you have. The center console for the car you have might not match the year tranny you have. If you have the 5 speed that was made for that year car you won't have a problem, but some later model trannies have the stick mounted a bit further forward which screws up your whole setup, as the stick won't move forward enough to go into gear. This is what happened to mine, and the reason why I opted to custom make that whole center section, I was pleased with the result though.. Then a cool leather boot and a stick knob to finish it off.

There are a lot of hoses and stuff that goes with the auto tranny you won't need any more, and you have to plug the radiators input and output for the tranny fluid. The whole setup with the manual is so much easier, lighter, and of course 10 times more fun to drive.."

Hope this can help someone else out as well, I figure it should be similar for a Z31 as well.

Tyson

what year is yours... if it matters i guess.... i have a manual assembly minus the clutch and brake petal..... that being the box thing but man i tell you it will be a pain in the butt if u dont remove the das and stuff. i just swapped the petals and its great but i have a a 280z as well.... waiting to sell my turbo prelude for the r33 rb26