HybridZ

Ford gets it wrong... AGAIN!!!

Mikelly

I'm with you MT... I'd own a Miata Speed before I'd dream of spending the money on that thing... Turbo Charges, excellent suspension, easy to add more power via Mazda Speed parts or the aftermarket...

This GT500 is an abomination! :roll:

Mike

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yea actually I have been disappointed with Mustangs (and so-called muscle cars) for along time now. the last few Camaros were pretty ugly to me, thought they just looked like bigger Geo's. They had some great motors though.

The '99-'04 Mustangs we just as butt ugly to me. I had a '95 and though it was a pretty good looking car.

I've always been a fan of early Mustangs really, they were distinctive, no other car looked like 'em. Kinda like Z's, they were different.

Don't even get me started about the new Charger....4 doors????

As the money sitch gets back to normal now (finally!!) I've been pondering a new project. The only things I can even stomach now are early Z's, Celica's, Falcons (61-63), Mustangs.

I think I'd do things different though this time if I built a Z- but that's just because of how my last project went!!!

Anyway.....

I think the new cars are too big in general. I can't talk too much because I drive an '02 Siverado Extra cab now (BIG!), but it's a TRUCK! I'm not trying to road race or drag race it....it's what you HAUL the race car with!

I personally think that building a classic car is a better investment AND value because you can not only make it your own, but it can easily outdo a new car. If I took say, a '65 Mustang, did a full resto, put in an EFI motor in it, added all the crap that an '05 Mustang has stock, it would not only weigh probably 1000 less lbs, but cost less and perform better!!! Just think what you could build with a 35k budget!!

Until that isn't true anymore, I won't buy a new performance car.

^ granted, but I still think all the of them have some great people working for them doing wonders. It's just getting the companies lined up as a whole that's an issue. Cadillac has been making way more than projected earnings and they havn't been selling in quanitity in usual GM fashion, they're doing it with expensive lines with even more expensive halo cars.

I wouldn't say ford is doing great, but they're not on thier knees yet (at least to my eyes).

Dodge, well I don't keep up enough on dodge. They're on another planet.

Personally I can't imagine how any company is doing poorly as where I live new cars flood the streets. State standards dictate that one average a person that uses thier car for work should be able to (on average) be able to buy a NEW car every 5 years. And to me that seems about accurate. Seems like almost every household has a car less than 5 years old. My house included. Do companies really need americans to replace thier car every year to stay in buisness?

Then again, maybe it's just california. But even then, when ever I go back midwest SO many people buy USDM. Granted less people buy new cars but still. Import dealerships are pretty hard to find by comparison.