HybridZ

Nissan Advice Not A Z (Pathfinder)

EvilRufusKay

Looking at a 95 SE tomorrow and was wondering if anyone had any thoughts / experience to offer. It seems like a sweet deal so I am going to check it out...need a 4 x 4 here in Buffalo...

The owner says that 1 out of 100 times reverse does not engage. I read some tech sheets on known issues and one was about trans slippage if Nissanamatic "C" fluid is not used, so I am hoping that is the cause. I am going to do a carfax report since he says that the odometer just stopped working...it shows 95738 on the od but he thinks it has 97000 or so on it now as he bought it a couple of months ago and never registered it.

Any info would be appreciated!

Thanks!

Rufus

I think alot of cars have that reverse issue. The explorer used to do it alot when I was first driving. You will adapt to it in a week or two and it will never happen again unless you are needing to rush it. I wouldn't worry. I know this is offtopic kind of but if you are looking for a truck. A new xterra comes with a 6 speed manual, handbrake, and a 4.0L v6 that makes 265hp all for I believe 21k base.

I have a '91 Pathfinder SE, it works pretty well, I have not encountered the reverse gear issure at all. I think in NY that if the car is more than 10 years old the odometer reading is not recorded anymore.

The 4x4 works pretty well, I had to drive a friend to the airport in RI on Friday and there was alot of snow. It never got stuck, the only thing I had some trouble with was once the roads cleared I had to pull into a parking lot to switch it back to 2wd (I don't think its shift on the fly).

Thanks guys!! The 95 I am looking at will only cost me 1100 bucks....and the 95 and up is 4x4 on the fly thanks again!!

EDIT: Well I didn't buy it. Bunch of small electrical issuse...nothing I couldn't fix...needs front brakes BAD...tailgate dented and a pain to open...AC non-op...needs exhaust...oh yeh...the reverse problem "1 out of 100 times doesn't engage"...dude has his ratio backwards more like 1 out of 100 times it DOES engage...