HybridZ

Now, help with tires please

Joel. Am I reading this correctly? Are you going to sell your spacer adapters? I need some 4 stud to 5 stud 4.5 inch adapters. Need to be at least 36 mm.

BTW. I have a set of 10.5 cobra R's sitting next to me with 275/40/17's on them. Bugger all stretch. I think the tire size is just about spot on.

Cheers, Douglas

Joel.........I just did some further reading on that auction. I noticed that the tires are made BY Goodyear but tagged under their sister company's name ....Kelly/Springfield as DEFENDERS.

So I would imagine they'll work out great but won't hold the Goodyear logo on the sidewall, rather Defender. But with such a low sidewall......hard to read anyhoo !

I bought my staggered set for late Mustang fitments for a steal too and was NOT dissapointed. Can't beat the price really.This way.......good traction and less guilt too !

.............Vinny 8)

Damn! Those 275's are SQUEEZED in. Makes me think fitting 315's under some ZG's wouldn't be a PITA at all' date=' well realativly speaking.

Isk[/quote']

i have 315's under ZG's, nothing to it as long as you do the correct body mods to fit the ZG's correctly.

mike

joel.. here ya go.. maybe this will help.

i have the same size wheels you have.

heres what the 255's will look like on ur front wheels.

Front_Side_Shot.JPG

heres ES100 275's.. there a tad wider then most 275's from other brands.

they had a AWESOME look on the rear but from my understanding they just didnt hook with the setup alex threw on the Z..

Pass_Rear.JPG

damn the rear pic is way to big to post.. u can go to my gallery and see the BIG pic of it to get a better idea.

heres with the ZG's.

IMAG1.JPG

like i said the front offset is messed up on mine so im getting 2 new ones or i dunno what.. i have a spacer to push them out a tad more so i might just do that.

these wheels and ZG flares arent staying on this Z anyways so i might just leave it for need be.

car will be lowered another inch or 2 also.

mike

Hey no worries !:) I was initially planning on going with 275s in the rear. Actually I think Mike's setup looks GREAT and I was trying to get that same "look". Now I almost wish I had gone a bit wider in the rear, only to have more tire options. 275 and 285 will get the job done, but 315s would be NIIICE !!! If I would have seen how you can tuck 275s under the stock quarters earlier I would have thought about NOT flaring my car. Either way looks good IMO.

Joel.........I just did some further reading on that auction. I noticed that the tires are made BY Goodyear but tagged under their sister company's name ....Kelly/Springfield as DEFENDERS..............Vinny 8)

Yea... I noticed that to AFTER I hit the buy it now key.... I think they are still ok for the price but it pisses me of the way these suckers try and make a idiot out of you.

How in the hell can they get away with advertizing them as GOODYEAR's in the header title, then later way down in garbled info change the brand to something else?

Its a good thing for him I still may take them, cause he don't have a leg to stand on if I decide to tell him to go bang himself for that little shyster bait and switch auction header....

I may email him and offer to still buy them even though he did the bait and switch game, but him eat the $56 ship cost. How do you think that will go over with him/her?

99% of my purchases on Ebay, I pay instantly, but this time I'm going to wait a bit to see what he has to say...

What would you guys do? just go ahead and pay the $499 + $56 to ship and call it a pretty good deal, or, try to play him for a discount due to the what I consider, false and misleading auction discription??

i would cancel it and get a better tire at the tirerack.com

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/Sizes.jsp?make=Yokohama&model=AVS+ES100

255 tire for 118 each

275 for 131 each.

atleast you know the product is good!

$148 each for 275 rear Kumho ECSTA MX..

BFGoodrich g-Force T/A KDWn in 275 for $145 each.

like i said dont skimp when it comes to tires, even more so with ur car!

but u dont have to spend a arm and a leg either for great tires.

check out tirerack.com

mike

how about i do u one better..

http://www.discounttire.com/dtcs/findTireByBrandDetail.do?rcz=77070&rc=TNWINT&cs=325&pc=40287&typ=Competition&rd=15&ar=50

i was thinking of getting them for my 15x11 ronals.. but desided not to use the wheels just yet.

mike

Sheeeeeeet. Are those any good for handling though? I've always stayed away from "drag" radials because I thought the side walls were too soft for anything on ax autoX course. I've really been thinking that when I get my Z back in driving condition I might just make it a track car, I'd keep the stuff for street driving though.

Isk

Yea... I noticed that to AFTER I hit the buy it now key.... I think they are still ok for the price but it pisses me of the way these fuckers try and make a idiot out of you.

How in the hell can they get away with advertizing them as GOODYEAR's in the header title' date=' then later way down in garbled info change the brand to something else?

Its a good thing for him I still may take them, cause he don't have a leg to stand on if I decide to tell him to go bang himself for that little shyster bait and switch auction header....

I may email him and offer to still buy them even though he did the bait and switch game, but him eat the $56 ship cost. How do you think that will go over with him/her?

99% of my purchases on Ebay, I pay instantly, but this time I'm going to wait a bit to see what he has to say...

What would you guys do? just go ahead and pay the $499 + $56 to ship and call it a pretty good deal, or, try to play him for a discount due to the what I consider, false and misleading auction discription??[/quote']

If I were you ( without getting myself worked up) I'd shop for your options and THEN ...if you create a better deal/brand for equal or barely more, ask him to cancel due to the marketing ploy.

Heck.....I really was just showing options there Joel. You move quick with that darn mouse brother !!lol.

Either way.....Goodyear plant rubber is all the same ,just the marketing is rearranged for sales demographics etc.

I bet they'll be fine.Cause your car is gonna smoke ANYTHING you buy !!lol.

..............Vinny

i would cancel it and get a better tire at the tirerack.com

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/Sizes.jsp?make=Yokohama&model=AVS+ES100

255 tire for 118 each

275 for 131 each.

atleast you know the product is good!

$148 each for 275 rear Kumho ECSTA MX..

BFGoodrich g-Force T/A KDWn in 275 for $145 each.

mike

Thanks Mike' date=' check out this deal.. these are about $100 more than the Ebay set I haven't paid for yet.

[img']http://www.tirerack.com/images/tires/kumho/ku_ecsta_mx_ci2_l.jpg[/img]

tab_tires.gif

Item Description Availability Qty. Price Each Item Total

285/40YR17 Kumho ECSTA MX

Blackwall In Stock 2 @ $143.00 = $286.00

Kumho ECSTA MX 255/45YR17

Blackwall In Stock 2@ $133.00 = $266.00

UPS GROUND 1 Day $50.28

FEDEX ECONOMY 2 DAY DEL 2 Days $52.38

FEDEX 3 DAY EXPRESS SAVER 3 Days $50.34

Additional Fees and Taxes Tax: $46.92 Excise Tax: $0.00 State Disposal Fund Fee: $8.00 Grand Total:

$657.20

If I were you ( without getting myself worked up) I'd shop for your options and THEN ...if you create a better deal/brand for equal or barely more' date=' ask him to cancel due to the marketing ploy.

Heck.....I really was just showing options there Joel. You move quick with that darn mouse brother !!lol.

Either way.....Goodyear plant rubber is all the same ,just the marketing is rearranged for sales demographics etc.

I bet they'll be fine.Cause your car is gonna smoke ANYTHING you buy !!lol.

..............Vinny[/quote']

I'd have to agree with Vinny on that one. It's all the same rubber. (more or less) That said that kind of stuff just pisses me off. That's even worse than the Head Light scam. ($15.95 + $39.95 shipping.) I say try and work him over first.

Those are the same 285's I have under my ZG's on a 10" rim. They are pretty sticky for a street tire as well (but they are still no match for the 2JZ or RB26 in your case ;) )

How about a pair of these on the rear? Would there still be some spinning going on.... ? :)

275/40-17 MICKEY THOMPSON ET STREET DRAG RADIALS

275x40x17_MICKEY_THOMPSON_ET_STREET_DRAG_RADIALS.JPG