HybridZ

OK........I'm very intrigued by this SR20DET thing

Guest speedmon

Guest speedmon

The engine and trans combos on ebay......seem to be inexpensive enough.

But so I don't make an uneducated decision....what is the difference between an S13, S14, and S15? (besides the price). Are those various engine models from different years?

But so I don't make an uneducated decision....what is the difference between an S13' date=' S14, and S15? (besides the price). Are those various engine models from different years?[/quote']

yes. s15 being the newest. i'm not sure of the physical differences, i'll let someone else answer that. s13/s14/s15 are referring to the body style of the particular year of silvia.

Guest JiveTurkeyTurbo

But so I don't make an uneducated decision....what is the difference between an S13' date=' S14, and S15? (besides the price). Are those various engine models from different years?[/quote']

S13 Redtop - 205 hp T25, High port head ('91-93)

s13 Blacktop - 205hp same as redtop ('94-98 180sx)

s14 Blacktop- 220hp T28, VVT, Low port head ('95-98')

s15 Blacktop- 250hp T28 (upgraded to dual BB), VVT, Low port head, also available 6 speed tranny (99'-02')

Guest JiveTurkeyTurbo
those arent that great though..

mike

Ive never driven a car with the 6M ive heard the shifting and gearing is very nice..they just don't hold up to alot of power. so in an modded car the 6M= the loose.

Guest PROJECTRB240SX

Greddy Makes A 6 Speed Conversion Gear Set For The 5 Spd Trans For $2800.... Its Suppose To Have Really Good Ratios For The Sr20det And Its Supposed To Be Really Strong.

I could be wrong on this one but I have heard from several people that the 6 speed is too week. I should clarify, too week if you are going to drag race. Road racing or auto-x should be fine. From what I understand they use the same tranny (case?) but they cram 6 gears in instead of 5 thus making the 6 gears thinner and more prone to breakage.

Ive never driven a car with the 6M ive heard the shifting and gearing is very nice..they just don't hold up to alot of power. so in an modded car the 6M= the loose.

This is perfect example of a really stupid statment. You've never driven a 6M yet you're willing to offer an opinion based on rumor and then come to some inane conclusion. Do any of you guys really know what you're talking about? We don't care if you heard it from some guy or read it on the internet. Bring tech! Do your own research, actually drive the cars, and don't rely on rumors.