HybridZ

auction fluke come up!!!!!!

fl327

300.00 between me and my buddy, we went to auctions recently, picked up a white 88 rx7, had to compression start it out of the place, barely made it home on empty and all of the turbo hoses were leaking, got home, started tightening stuff down, what do we see? not one, but freaking twin turbos kicking it down there! this thing has a twin turbo swap-immediately turned em up to 18psi-and took down three 5.0's and a ws6 firebird, not by inches, by cars!!!!!! after we poured two quarts of 50w oil in the sucker. thing is ridiculous, im thinking 12.9 in this car, it hooks pretty good somehow. this thing is seriously fast, cant wait to finish the interior tune it, and get rid of it, but intensely fast car, photos will be up sometime soon!

What better way to make some serious cash??? That was a total score if he sells it for 5 to 10 times the money he bought it for. Use the money for the next bigger and better item, and so on...

Good score, Len smile.gif Me wants to see it...

Davy

car is gone, probably couldnt sell it for too much because i already told yall what we paid for it. made a killing to say the least, and still sold the car under blue book, hey no plates and no way to pass smog legitimately earns a good discount right? car was clean title with 188k on chassis. i took the turbo guage out of my car, and ran it for testing on the rx7 and it read 18psi, all dang day with stock intercooler, but yes for how long???. the best part is that the dash guage would spike 40psi right after idle. that car had the ability to easily anhialate both my v8z and my current car, no question and no doubts about it, i ran two ls1 powered cars ridiculous, three 5.0s, a civic, and a rx7 turbo2-like no thing. best race out of them had to be the ls1 camaro i went up on, it seemed to have way more guts than the other one, but nothing can stop a driver that has no regard for breaking things in the least, i went both clutchless and wot shifted on anything that could hold with this thing at the gate, at 9k!!!! easily 12 second car with cats, some smog equipment, and rubber intercooler hoses! why did i get rid of it you ask me? man that car was not done right at all, and i was lucky enough to get the car fresh enough to take a week of HELL, more doughnuts than the night shift, and man so many burnouts, it was like i was FAIRLADY 327 or something. besides that, selling cars you like makes you firmer on pricing, and makes the car easier for you to sell because if you like the car, most likely you will know a lot about the car and be able to relate that to possible buyers. i got an offer in cash and he accepted my terms and bought a car that will not pass smog legitimately and is at least a year out of registration-auction cars here are sold with no liscence plates making the buyer usually have to register the car to sell it, and you know if you sell more than three cars a year you are subject to dealer taxation if they are in your name. in short-man that car was hot, and im not your rotary man at all, its pushrods or overhead cams motor-no rotor. this is the first time i ever bought a car from the auction, usually when i go its packed and people buy all the good cars at prices that get too steep for me, and i dont feel like risking it on the cars that are left, the day we got the rx it was dead, and we got lucky, but didnt want to test our luck with that crazy SOB-RX gone, but we will never forget.