HybridZ

Is this for real?

inZane 240

Guest Anonymous

The ad sez people are paying money just to find out the company's website. The only problem I see in slapping this on your Honda with sheet metal screws and clothes dryer hose there ain't no sticker decals to put on your window. How is anyone gonna know the terror that lurks under your hood without a window sticker.

I must say that this is truely a GREAT idea!! I know it wouldnt work and I also know its really stupid but you just have to admire someone who figures out how to take money from stupid ricers like that! Im pretty sure that that is a squirl cage fan I see peaking out from that "super charger"!!

OMG!!!!!!!

I saw a couple of guys on my friend's dyno last night using two of these! They were talking about producing some sort of kit for them too - SAME blower that's in that pic too eek2.gif I wonder if it's that same guys? when I saw that ugly thing hanging below their bumper I didn't know that they were the ones "developing" it. I spoke up and said "that's a boat blower!". "Umm yeah, we're using two of them." I told them it wouldn't workand that it didn't flow enough air. He told me that they were using two and that the company had said it would increase the airflow if you stacked them - I told them this was NOT true but... He claimed that on a single tank of gas they had seen a 50MPG improvement, I just snickered.

So, they strap this 86GT onto the dyno and run it with the two "turbos". It makes like 193RWHP with power falling off pretty early on - took forever to rev too. They then ran it against the stock airbox with a paper filter - it made about 2RWHP MORE! Next up was a run with a K&N filter in the stock airbox - 3more RWHP. Next up was an open thottlebody run, it was baout the same as the K&N I think with maybe a little less torque - I think the car was heating up some. The last run I saw was back with the "turbos" since they had found a slight leak in the tubing that they thought might have hurt performance.... twak.gif

I tried to reason with these guys. I tried to tell them that these little blowers couldn't make the CFM they needed but they insisted it was making 650CFM or more stacked up. I tried to tell them that it was a load on the alternator but they wouldn't listen. They tried to use a very small leaf blower to simulate airflow but they didn't seem to understand that the "50mph" rating on the leaf blower was through a VERY small hose (sigh). I stuck around to see the dyno runs and tried hard not to be too cynical but it was really hard. They tried to tell me that it would work better on a smaller engine and I tried to explain that it wasn't engine size but HP they had to worry abouot but I just gave up. Was actually funny to watch the dyno runs though! malebitchslap.gif

Guest greimann

One very important concept that is also escaping these "engineers" is these blowers are rated for free air CFM. As soon as you dead head them or even put a little restriction in the pipe, the flow goes to nil. The only way to compress air is with an efficient, precision housing (like a turbo scroll) and some horsepower to turn it.

The claims that the sellers of these items make is bordering criminal fraud. The sad fact is they are small potatoes for any authority to get involved.