HybridZ

r200 fron 280zxt to s30?

driftz240

i have a 72 240z , i did the turbo swap, and am swaping the diff as well i want to use the 280zxt diff, mounting the diff is no issue, but the axels are 6 bolt on the zxt diff and the r180 is 4 bolt.. what axels do i need to mount to the 4 bolt spindle stubs?????

and what lsd should i use, i was thinking power brute...cost effective?

what would you guys do?

i have a 72 240z ' date=' i did the turbo swap, and am swaping the diff as well i want to use the 280zxt diff, mounting the diff is no issue, but the axels are 6 bolt on the zxt diff and the r180 is 4 bolt.. what axels do i need to mount to the 4 bolt spindle stubs?????

and what lsd should i use, i was thinking power brute...cost effective?

what would you guys do?[/quote']

If you want to bolt ZX axles from the turbo car you need adapters. You can get them from MM. You can stay with the r180 axles if you wish but are weaker than the turbo ones. Do you also have the correct mustach bar ? the later 280z bar will work for the r200. As for LSD have you considered using r200 from a q45 as it is lsd. You can use the search function..... you will find all the info already here........

I was thinking of getting the brute force or a kazz lsd and putting it in the r200 from the zxt, thanks for the advice on the axels adapters, thats what i shall do, but they look longer do i need to modify them at all. i may be wrong but the 180 and axels installed and the r200 with axels installed look different

I was thinking of getting the brute force or a kazz lsd and putting it in the r200 from the zxt, thanks for the advice on the axels adapters, thats what i shall do, but they look longer do i need to modify them at all. i may be wrong but the 180 and axels installed and the r200 with axels installed look different

here's a good write up check it out

http://alteredz.com/280ZCVHalfshaftConversion.htm

http://alteredz.com/240ZCVHalfshaftConversion.htm

Stock 180 axles with u joins will bolt right up to the r200.

I thought that the 6bolt where off a VLSD. From a 88 SE ZXT.:confused2

280ZXT had 6 bolt CVs. Those can work with the 280ZX companion flange on the 240Z's 25 spline stub axle, as described in the 240Zhalfshaftconversion link above. The 300ZXT's all had 4 bolt on the outer end AFAIK, but the inside is different because the VLSD has a larger stub shaft with more splines than the CLSD.

To recap:

So if you get the 88 SS VLSD, you have to have the VLSD CV shafts. I believe this works with the MM Z31 adapters. Check with Ross if you're going this way.

If you run the 280ZXT CV shafts, you have to have the 280ZXT companion flange on the 25 spline 240Z stub axle with the mods detailed on Pete's site, or you can buy the necessary adapter from MM for either the 27 spline 280Z stubs or the 25 spline 240Z stubs.

If you run the 300ZXT CV's, then you need the necessary adapter from MM.

MM also makes the new billet 5 lug stub axles and companion flanges for all of the above.