HybridZ

Left blinker wont work

You probably have worn contacts on the turn signal switch. You can verify that by the visible smoke that comes up from the steering column while sitting in the left turn lane waiting for the light to change. Somebody recommended to apply pressure on the back of the switch contacts to make better contact. Try that to verify the condition. I put my rear lights on realys to reduce the amount of current passing through the turn signal switch contacts. The front lights are used with the flasher unit to control the relays. Works very well.

There was a schizophrenic lady that used to walk around our town talking to herself. One time I was driving my Datsun pick-up at night with my three little boys in it and we went by her and my dash lights just happened to cut out right then. I figured out later that I could put some pressure on the light switch and make it happen at will. Several times thereafter when we happen to pass the woman walking at night the dash lights "spontaneously" went out and the lady became known as the "Light Lady" because I told my boys that she had a force-field around her and it made the lights go out. You'd think they'd figure it out...DAW

I just started the conversion for putting my headlights on relays so I can reduce the amount of resistance in the system. They are pretty bad right now. I verified the operation of my mock-up last night. I need to tidy the harness and mount the relays into a spiffy relay mount.

Use relays! I'm finishing mine hopefully tomorrow. (Replacement connectors on order for the JY relay holders.) Each headlight on my 240 uses a single wire to power the light (each light on a seperate wire/fuse) and two grounds - one for low, the other for high. The ground is in the stupid lever on the column. Didn't combine lo/hi for high beam though, good idea.