HybridZ

17x8.5 +25 offset, how wil that fit?

I am considering the rota d2 wheels, kinda clean lookin and they have our bolt pattern, 4x114.3

racinglab_1877_70026780

They have 17x8.5 with +25 offset

HOw will this fit inside and outside fender? I was considering 255/45/17 tires out back , and 245/45/17 in front

or something in that range

I was looking at these for my s13. Nice looking wheels.

I think a tire on an 8.5" wide wheel with 0 offset will clear the OEM springs, and the fender lip. Not by much so I would say you would need 25mm spacers or coilovers and not quite as big of a spacer.

25mm is a 1" spacer.

I had an 8", zero offset wheel with 245 wide tires on them, and only had about 3/8" between the section width and the springs and body sheetmetal (OEM body and springs). 8 1/2" with 25 mm offset would not work on the S30 with OEM springs, and I believe a coilover arrangement will be marginal with this 5 3/4" back spacing.

i thought + offset means they still out further? The offset is +25, not -25....or am i confused?

So a 25mm spacer will push them out another inch, im assuming this will push a 8.5" wheel past the fendder? This is good because i am getting ZG flares and i want to fill them in...thats why i was thinking of a 275/40/17 tire all around

I had an 8", zero offset wheel with 245 wide tires on them, and only had about 3/8" between the section width and the springs and body sheetmetal (OEM body and springs). 8 1/2" with 25 mm offset would not work on the S30 with OEM springs, and I believe a coilover arrangement will be marginal with this 5 3/4" back spacing.

So that would give him 0.125 space on each side of tire. Plenty of room. :)

If you get these I would go coilovers and 25mm spacer. That should give you enough room between the tire and spring and be nice and flush to fender may need a slight roll, but you are going with flares and that changes everything.

Listen to blueovalz he knows what he is talking about. I am just guesstimating I have never had a wheel this wide.