HybridZ

Impressions on Kirkey Intermediate Seats...

Mikelly

Got my Kirkey Seats in. I'm 5 ft.8 and have a 30inch inseam and my waist size is between 34-36 depending on the cut of the jean. I bought the 17inch wide seat from http://www.ioportracing.com with the velour seat cover. What I like about these seats is that they are modular and you can add the upper shoulder and halo supports later. What I really like about these seats besides the $189 price (including cover) is how they fit my size. I might should have gone with the 16 inch seat as the 17 is slightly larger than I needed, but I didn't want it to be to tight with a driving suit on, and I can get padding to bolster the sides. If you are a solid 34 inch waist leaning more towards a 32/33 inch, then get the size 16. These seats fit like a glove and feel GREAT. I got the 20 degree layback model and will be buying the mounts for them. Unfortunately I will have to bolt them in as fixed seats without sliders, unless I can find a specific mounting setup that slides and is still safe.

I checked into ButlerBuilt seats and was told that there is a FIVE HUNDRED seat order that has been placed by NASCAR teams and they get first priorety over single orders. I was also told by one supplier of UltraShield seats that they are also backed up on production, so I gambled and ordered the Kirkeys. Both seats came shipped in one box and the box didn't weight what one of my Corbeau A4s weighs! :2thumbs:

I'll get pics of them when I've got them mounted up. :2thumbs:

Mike :cool:

Hold on there cowboy... You're about 8 feet taller than me... They fit me. :lmao:

You're a whole 'nuther story! You might want to call IO Port and ask about fitment for "taller" guys if you end up in that situation. That said, I'm ubber impressed with the quality and fit.

Mike

Guest 81na ZX

Good to hear. I want thoes exact seats, but I'm 4" taller and an inch or two skinnier.

Back when my wife did some circle track racing, she had a Kirkey and loved it!

You didn't address your question to me, but having some experience with the Intermediates I'll go ahead and say that I would not use them for a daily driver. The padding really isn't the problem, they're actually pretty comfortable. The problem is that the side bolsters are so big that it is tough to get in and out of them, especially in a low car like a Z. One of my friends installed these in his 510 and then went to a detachable steering wheel because he couldn't get in and out.

Don't get me wrong, for the price on a race car with one driver I don't think you can beat the Intermediates but they definitely wouldn't be my choice for a street seat.