HybridZ

anyone doubting the new vettes??

wigenOut-S30

Wow!!

Thats an awesome NOS commercial!

It tells us, a hot car with a good nos system can blister the street.

It convinced me to consider removing the plugs on the nos inserts of my performer intake and bolt one up!!!

Remember power to weight ratios?

Love the sound of raw HP!!! Gotta love that!!!

Mike..

It wont be long now.

Im ahead of schedule at this point for a March 1st completion date. I will be more than happy to share. NOS would be good to have on board for an occasion or two. Yes?

I must say that when watching that video, it gave me chills. Love that sound.

One can hear the H/P. Wouldn't have to measure it.

Highly motivating. Very nice.

Twoeightnine

correctly setup and tunned NITROUS is like good SEX, if youve never had it you don,t miss it......but once youve had it!!! you don,t seem to ever want to do without it!

my corvettes got the engine built from the start to maximize the nitrous, I only have about 475hp before the shot, and a custom 200hp system, but once youve got up to about 50mph and hit the giggle gas, your an instant believer, with about 600 plus hp and about 650 ft lbs of tq,OHHOO YEAH, PINS you in the seat too well over 100mph and the grin lasts a good while!

the only problem is the frequent half shaft and u-joint failures

btw Im working slowly towards my goal of swapping to a 500 plus displacement big block with nitrous

Oh Geez, Another one of those VETTE owners! You know how THEY are! :lmao: Yea Grumpy, My little brother keeps trying to bait me into putting a bottle on the C5. Don't think I want to deal with constantly filling up bottles though! :wink:

Mike

Grumpyvette

That was so sweet!

You sound more like a true motorhead/sports car guy to me! I could just see your hands shaking as you typed in your explanation of your love of nos!

I have used the juice in my hard core drag days but having some on hand for the "moment" while "sporting" had not crossed my mind.

That vette vid really shows the contrast when they hit the spray. The only comparisons I ever had was the time slip numbers. Hearing it kick like that was very exciting!

Mike, you sound very intelligent and refined in your game. Thats also very respectable.

Im dailed for a little bad boy aspect to the Z. A surprise or two and a little class. A surprise or two.. sounds like nos would fall into that catagory.

I'll have to work on the class part.ha!

You asked for details? Well I feel that a project car that is not a type specific build (dragster, oval, road) should reflect ones personality and or needs.

Should contain as much balance as possible and be given the most and best that time and money can provide with the eye on balance.

Obviously, to reflect my personality I chose a ford small block. What a surprise. This engine is old school configured to compliment the 70s feel of the first gen Zs. Although N/A, nothing is spared on this all aluminum

(minus block) very angry motor. The standard fare for the rest, t-5, ground up restro body, roll bar, buckets, four point, 2.5 coilovers, five lug, brakes, 255/235 rubber, LSD. It has three weeks untill paint, but it will sport a what the hell blood red finish and a F/U racing stripe that matches the gun metal five spoke wheels.

Now I have to add NOS to the list!

Thats ok, reassembly is the fun part. And hitting the spray every once and awhile sounds perfect!

Twoeightnine