HybridZ

Got a 94 q45 VLSD diff, what do I need now?

nazar

Got a good deal on a 94 vlsd q45 r200/230 diff with 90k miles on it.

What all else do I need to make it work? Im getting the ArizonaZcars mustache bar, and wiill make my own front mount. Other than that, what else???

I am looking to build a rear end that will handle hard driving and launching on drag radials.

I know there is lots of info, but nowhere a full detailed list to make it easy. Its going into a 1971 240z with an lt1 and t56

The short answer is, you'll need 2 more stock axles [for a total of 4], maybe some new boots, new shortened axles, and adapters like these...

http://www.modern-motorsports.com/catalog/product_info.php?manufacturers_id=&products_id=57

or you can contact "mas280" and see if you can get a pair of his adapters. they go for $200, i got mine from him, beautiful part.

you'll also need a custom driveshaft.

some people also reccomend upgrading to the 280z stub axles, and companion flanges.

search around to get the details about all the pieces.

:)

i have no clue, but whhy couldnt you just take stock q45 drive axles and shorten them to fit instead of buying adaptors and such

I mean youre adapting them to stock driveshafts??? Whats the point of a strong diff and expensive strong adapters and then hook it all up to weak axles? Or are you guys getting some sort of custom strong axles?

and what are CV's already, i kinda sorta know, but not exactly, why do we need 4 of them?

Nazar, You really should use the search function. It's pretty much spelled out in a number of forums. Also, Contact Tim240Z and ask about the custom axles he put together for me. Long story short, the Q45 stock outboard axle ends won't work. You need FOUR of the inboard axle ends to make them work. You're more than welcome to re-invent the wheel if you want, but those of us who have the Q45, have already gone through this. :wink:

Mike :cool: