HybridZ

JEG's AN Fittings

240hoke

Hey guys I just wanted to let ya'll know about an issue i had with these fittings. I saw their black AN fittings thought they looked nice and the price was even nicer so i decided to try them out on my car.

I should have known better -- you pay for what you get.

I used

(2) -8AN 45 degree swivel fittings

(1) -8AN 180 degree swivel fitting

(1) -8AN straight fitting

At first everything looked alright no leaks seems to go together smooth. I was messing in the engine compartment and accident bumped one of the 45 degree fittings on my fuel rail with my hand. Fuel SQUIRTED out lake crazy from the o-ring swivel section

I called them and told them about it and they sent me a new fitting, thought perhaps i just got a bad one since the other ones didnt leak. I got the new one and installed it. SAME THING, except worse. Leaked horrible when wiggled or vibrated with a slow leak jsut sitting there. Called their tech to tell them about the issue i was having he basically blew me off saying they had never had any problems with them.

Soo.. perhaps it was a bad run im not sure. But i took all there fittings off my car and returned them for EARL's fittings.

Jsut thought i would post this up. if you are runnign SWIVEL JEG's fittings make sure you check them over well.

-Austin

You have a place near you in Huntersville, muscle motorsports. They sell most types of fittings and even have a great selection of used NASCAR stuff at about half the price of new. I've gotten alot of my fittings there used.

I also like the look of those black fittings. Thanks for the heads up.

Haha yeah those guys are pretty cool, hang out with them a good bit. They also make the listers! Adam a co-owner up there is building a 1300hp lister, yeah thats 1800lbs!!

Anyway lots of useful parts for a really good price. I got all the non-visible fittings from them used and didnt had a problem with any of them. If yall ever need anything i'd be willing to pick it up for ya. Tons and tons of V8 parts in addition to al the line and fittings there.

sparky -- mainly -8 and larger, only a small selection of other sizes. there are bins and bins of fittings and they pick up new loads every so often. Lots of -8 stuff straights, 45's and 90's very few 180's.

Prices vary a little depending on condition, but usally they are about 50% of the new price. mostly aeroquip and xrp stuff.

Mike - good to hear you havent had issues I just wanted to throw this out there, i may have gotten a bad batch. I just wanted to be sure people knew so they could double check their fittings if they are using jeg's stuff.

Looking at my Earl's fittings im installing tomarrow they are much better quality and much tighter clearences on the oring section, very very little play.

• 3 weeks later...

very painfully... here's how you want to mount an AN fitting onto a braided line:

-first, use masking tape (thin layer!) to tightly wrap around the area you're cutting.

-then use a dremel with a cut off wheel, grinder, or a FAST (not slow, it'll tear) bandsaw to cut in the middle of your tape wrap. This produces a clean cut without the stainless braiding unwinding.

-separate the AN fitting, and I hope you have AN vice blocks because they're VERY useful...

-lube AN fitting and inside and outside of the hose with machine oil or soapy water (light coat)

now, with a lot of profanity, twist and force the braided line into the fitting plug, and screw in the other half. May take a few tries :)