HybridZ

Stub axle nut help

I need to get my hands on some of the 280ZX stub axle self locking nuts. I ordered some from Courtesy Nissan and they sent me the ones you have to stake to the axle. I called them and they told me this is all they have available. The part # for the staked nut is 43262-21000. It said this # supercedes 43262-21050. I need the part # for the self locking ones, or can someone tell me where I can buy them. I am not necessarily in love with stock Nissan parts. I only need something that will work as well.

Thanks

I put some up on ebay and they didn't sell. I don't remember what they cost, but I bought them and then bought adapters from MM and they came with the adapters. I'm thinking $20 shipped sounds fair to me. PM me if you want them. Also let me know if I'm overpriced, cause I honestly don't know. It's the 280ZX Turbo nut, so I think that's why you got the wrong thing.

Last month, I just received a set of the ZXT nuts (at least that is what I ordered off their monitor) and what I ended up with was the staked nuts instead. I've had the ZXT nuts, and liked them better because they have a larger diameter integral washer than the Z nuts do. Anyway, they were about $6 a piece. Anyway, I dimpled the tops of the nuts to make them "self locking" before screwing them on.

After the third try, I finally found someone at Courtesy (Steve) who knew what I was looking for. He said they are no longer in the parts book, but he can get them. Apparently you need to know the secret handshake. I don't recall the price, but I don't think they were very expensive. When I get them, I will let you know if they are the right ones.

Jon, You should consider keeping your extra set. If you pull your stub axles occasionally to check or repack bearings the nuts should be repalced at some point. I think the FSM says to use new nuts every time.

• 2 weeks later...