HybridZ

umm.... DAMN!!!

JaysZ

wow this motor sounds euphoric. all i know is that its a stroked 3.2 with triples in a 240z. anyone know who owns it?

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-2382048404444900926&q=datsun

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-7723901151277431646&q=datsun

specs:

ld28 block and crank, tripple 45mm carbs, big cam, big valves, knifedge crank, lightend flywheel, header, 6" long rods, 90mm ka24 pistons. this engine will see 8k rpm np!

i'm in houston,tx . i have an E88 head with triple 40's and would like to get a medium cam to match, however, it is possible my car already has one installed, i just dont know since i haven't been able to open it up yet since my car has been in the body shop for about 1 year now (long story). i'm praying that it will done by late feb so i can start reworking the motor and suspension. my eventual goal is to get it to spin to 8000k reliably and my plan is to have it as a track day car. are these regrinds off a stock cam or a fresh billet grind? just curious. thanks man,

jason

I know a guy who knows how to check the lift on his own cams. He said his regrinds from Delta Cams in Tacoma were not what he paid for. hardly more than stock.

That doesn't say much. My cam was reground by American Cams in SoCal and it was within .002 of the advertised lift. Plus the regrinds have the benefit of being made from stronger steel. There have been a couple post about poor metallurgy on aftermarket new camshafts. I like regrinds. May be a problem getting the HUGE lift numbers on a regrind due to the reduced base circle, but to this point I have nothing but positive things to say.

BTW, your friend did multiply the lift on the lobe by 1.5 which is the Datsun rocker ratio, correct? I'm sure he would have been pretty pissed off if he didn't and his numbers would have been way low. I only ask because so many people here have mentioned Delta as a good source...