HybridZ

The Dreaded 6

cheftrd

This is the GT cooling setup you see on some of the race cars such as JUN and the Exvitermini stuff. Using a mill you plunge down to the water passage in the manifold between ports 1-2' date=' 3-4 and 5-6. I then welded a -8 male an fitting to the manifold. This will run to a reservoir that will also be a merge for the water returns for the turbo's. From there it will run back to the radiator. Basically, all the water leaves the head and runs to the front of the intake via the log on the bottom. To help expidite coolant flow from the head we supplement by adding additional outage points from the manifold. It would have probably looked a bit more clean on the bottom of the manifold, but might as well show it off.

[img']http://www.speedshopthagard.com/pics/projects/RB26DETT/cooling1.jpg[/img]

This is the coolant plenum I just fab'd. The 3x -8 AN connectors are fed from the intake manifold. The 2x -6 AN

connectors are the coolant returns for the turbos. The single -12 AN connector on the bottom connects to the radiator.

coolant.jpg

The coolant plenum runs as it did stock to the front of the manifold where I have fab'd a -16 AN male connector and also welded a -16 AN connector to the radiator. This will supplement the stock setup. The radiator has both a -12 and -16 bung for the inlet and another -16 for the outlet.

Does anyone want to elaborate more on this mod? Specifically the mod to the ITB's.

James is the one that really needs to explain the coolant passage flow, as I've already forgotton how I'm supose to plumb it....

Here are a couple pics showing how James "plunged" into the water jackets on the intake. The one pic thats blurry is the one showing that.

I belive the mod makes it to where more water is passed thru these passages, and not have to go back thru the hot block, but hopefully James will explain the route the coolant takes...

RB_intake_water_coolant_mod0002.jpg

RB_intake_water_coolant_mod0008.jpg

More pics here>> http://album.hybridz.org/showgallery.php?cat=566