HybridZ

Blow through turbo triple carb?

Collectindust240Z

Been discussed a couple times. Look it up and you'll get more, but the gist of the threads I've read is that it is not generally thought of as a particularly good way to go. Can be done, but so much harder to tune than FI why bother. Get triple sidedraft TB's and do FI, that's the way to go with turbo.

Well, if I'm going to keep the L28, how about maybe doing a blow through turbo using my Dellortos? That would be different.

Actually, it would be right in line with the Maserati BiTurbo. The Dellortos have special emulsion tubes, seals for the shafts, and other items devised for the blow-through turbo application. They are actually the ideal blow-through carburettor to use in the situation, if you can get those emulsion tubes and shaft seals for sure. It allows use of a simple plenum to pressurize the throats and floatbowls, and lets you run smaller jets than you normally would in the application.

If you can find an Old-School HKS Surge Tank, you will have the best engineered plenum for the application as well.

No, you can't have mine, either! But I might be convinced to sell the SK-Blowthrough Plenm.........

Tony

How much do you want for the SK plenum? I am still working on my SK blow through supercharger project. I have had most of the stuff to do in for over a year and still haven't gotten around even mounting the carbs.

Here is a picture that I received of a SK blow through setup.

btturbo2yy.th.jpg