HybridZ

How badly do I need to correct my camber?

You have some serious issues if you are running -3.5 deg camber in the back with a 1" drop. I am lowered about 3" and came out with 2.5 degrees in the rear which is about where you want to be. have you replaced all your bushings?

I would reccomend not much more then -2 degrees if you are doing street driving as you will eat through tires.

Im running -2.5 on my DD bmw and it goes through a set of tires in about 15-20K miles.

Uh, don't think so. Either it's neg camber where the tires are closer together at the top than the bottom, or you have something seriously wrong with your suspension. -3.5 is going to wear out tires, and your front end needs more neg camber to work at autox.

I'm confused. Negative camber is when the tires are closer together at the top than the bottom, if you were questioning that. So does +3.5 put me at too much positive camber? And what would be optimal in the front/how far off am I?

Nope. Plenty of guys running 14's that don't have 3.5 degrees of camber. I don't think I've ever seen positive camber in the back of a Z, even at stock height they're more like 0 degrees in the back and a little positive in the front IIRC. Something is wrong.

This may sound really retarded, and I don't mean to insult you, but it almost sounds like you're measuring the camber with the car up in the air. You do have it on the ground, and you've rolled it around a bit to settle the suspension since you put in the struts/springs, right???