HybridZ

Strange bit found in p90

240hoke

Hey guys,

Its been a while since i found this little bugga'. I found half of it while i was building my motor. It was hanging out of the water jacket between 1 and 2 cylinders. It was a bitch but with pliers and wiggling and shaking i managed to get it out. Then a couple weeks ago while i was taking the head off to recoat the headgasket I shoked it a little pulling it off the studs and to my surprised out poped the other half!

The only thing i can figure it is would be some sort of defect in the cast that was hangin in there and took all these years to break free. It has no jagged edges except where it broke in half. So i think its been like this for a while that why i wasnt alarmed.... any ideas?

clutch_turbo_011.sized.jpg

clutch_turbo_010.sized.jpg

That is a booger worm casting that swallowed too much cast iron during the time the fire demons were most active in the cast iron process. The booger worms come out of their depths and wiggle their way into scrap cast iron heaps to mate and breed. Some get transported to the kilns where they meet a fiery death. There is a small movement in Japan to save and place this species on an endangered list but the Bush Administration is blocking these attempts citing that all scap metal export to the far east would come to a standstill if the rare worm was in protected status..........Mythology places the introduction of the worms by alien spacecraft 5 billion years ago .

I don't buy the booger worm thing, clearly it's a GPS tracking chip that is activated by heat. The CIA used them back in the 70's before the military let people know they had GPS! They were used to monitor the Z's for oil fiascoe during the Nixon Admin.

Seriously though . Did it come frome the head or the block? I tlooks like a piece of core from the casting process. Hate to think of that thing in your H2O pump during a 1/4 mile run. It could make things real exciting.

Haha, well thanks 2802NR.

Didnt relise id get so much redicule lol. I knew what the thing was but i didnt know how common casting defects were. Jsut something to look for when you have your motor apart. I know it wasn't helping out water flow around the #1 comprsseion chamber. It was clogging the passage enough where I could feel air coming through when i blew through it.

• 3 years later...
That is a booger worm casting that swallowed too much cast iron during the time the fire demons were most active in the cast iron process. The booger worms come out of their depths and wiggle their way into scrap cast iron heaps to mate and breed. Some get transported to the kilns where they meet a fiery death. There is a small movement in Japan to save and place this species on an endangered list but the Bush Administration is blocking these attempts citing that all scap metal export to the far east would come to a standstill if the rare worm was in protected status..........Mythology places the introduction of the worms by alien spacecraft 5 billion years ago .

ahha thats an awesome theory!

No, No, No, It's the sought after, 3.25" Japanese Cast Iron Warrior Mustache. You know the 70's mustache that the Japanese tried to replicate to complete the "American Image" of the "sports car driver of the decade" look.

Made popular by this statue of a Japanese Warrior

sianWarrior.jpg

PM531256.JPG

Also featured in it's last P90 revision here:

so now its 6billion and 3 years old, i wonder if its made it onto the endangered list, obahma get yo @$$ in check, but wait, if there is an r200 in there, we all need to take our motors apart, maybe its actually a entire car... I remember a book when I was a kid about a mouse on a motorcycle!!!!!!! maybe he was into z's as well!!!!