HybridZ

15x8 wheels that fit

Offsets are measured in MM not inches. A 1/2" offset would be a 12 MM offset no matter wich direction it is measured + or -. I would go with a 0 offset or you could have problems clearing the suspension. A +12 (1/2") offset would be a 5" back space which would be too much with the stock suspension, if you have coilovers you should be fine. I have 7" wheels with a -12 offset (they extend out the same amount as an 8" wheel with a 0 offset) and the stock fenders on my car with out rubbing issued on the front or the rear.

Guest alanq64

Hey J Taylor, what did you have to do to get the toyota wheels on the back of your z? Any mods or did the just bolt up? I have access to a complete set and wasn't sure if they would fit.

zguitar71:

I was approximating the amount of backspacing needed, and when I used to buy wheels for my musclecars, the offset was measured in inches and fractions thereof - I'm 52.

The JTR manual talking in terms of inches and fractions thereof when talking about offset and backspacing.

As this is a Hybrid site, we are used to dealing in both inches and millimeters - at least those with chevy and ford engines. Most of us know that a 13mm wrench is very close to .5" and can in fact be used on a .5" bolt or nut - try that with a 12mm and you're out of luck. An inch is 25.4mm, meaning that .5" is 12.7mm.

This would mean he would need ~a 13mm positive offset - if you are going to correct me, at least be correct.

-

You are correct in stating that coilovers will be needed if he doesn't want to flair, but then again, all of this info is available on a search....

No adapters on mine. Actully, it has conquest rotors/calipers in the back as well with some home made brackets. Don't ask....they were on the car when I bought it.

The wheels I am using are the 16x7's (+18 offset I believe). They fit great but I had to shave the fender lips to fit the drag radials on them though.

JT