HybridZ

Lincoln Continental project

David K

I have so much going on, but i must say this is my favorite project of them all. First i have the complete engine/trans build up going on my 90 2+2, then i have the TT swap going on in my ladys 90 2 seater, than i have the v8 280zx starting up soon, and a few other things like home projects (new windows, paint, etc). Today the Lincoln got a rinse off and got ready to go. The tow truck came and took her to the shop. Heres a little of whats being done while shes gone:

gas tank replenished

fuel lines replaced

steering column replaced

ignition switch replaced (key switch)

brake power booster

brake master cylinder

brake wheel cylinders

brake shoes

When the mechanical stuff is done and she is able to run and stop on her own power, she goes next door for:

Paint strip

body build and prep

new paint

When she is done with the body shop, she goes next door to the upholstery shop for:

new carpet

new top

seat cleaning and repadding (maybe seat reupholster)

After that, she gets new gangster white wall tires.

lincoln1.jpg

lincoln2.jpg

lincoln3.jpg

lincoln4.jpg

lincoln5.jpg

lincoln6.jpg

lincoln7.jpg

lincoln8.jpg

lincoln9.jpg

Updates as the car progresses. :D

Thats a cool lincoln.

My dad was just down in orange county to help my grampa clean out his garage. They finally uncovered his '47 Lincoln Continental.

The tabs on the car are from 1959. My dad was drag racing it when he was 16 (60 now) and broke the rear end. It was towed home and parked. Its been sitting covered in the garage since then. It doesn't have the v12 anymore, instead they replaced it with a v8.

lincoln1.jpg

lincoln2.jpg

Drool.

Man I love 62-65 lincoln continentals! I'm jealous. If I ever do a 60's car, that will be my first choice. I once had a shot a purchasing a lincoln..problem was he wanted to sell me all three as a group.. 2 running one not..$8k. Way too big a project for me without at garage at that time!.. wife would have killed me big time!.. I already had 5 zed's in the yard!