HybridZ

*grown man bawling here* looks like my 240ZT is sold....

Guest bastaad525

Guest bastaad525

Guy came by, took him for a ride, he was very excited and says he definately wants it. He's got the money, will pay cash (which I decided was all I would take) and wants to come back on Friday to pick it up.

I'm frickin heart broken... so came to my little online family here... my wife, of course, doesn't understand... man...

This will the first time I have been Z less in about ten years. I'm sure I'll own another one some day but I have this feeling that day is VERY far off, which is bumming me out even more.

But... what can I do? My wife needs a car, I just bought a new car, we need the parking space, and it's such a waste for the Z to sit there hardly ever driven just gathering dust. It's not practical for me to afford TWO performance cars that both are just begging to be modded. The list of reasons goes on and on, and of course it's all BS... things I have to tell myself to convince myself this is the only logical choice, or the only choice, period.

Well... just had to spill my guts to someone who would actually get where I'm coming from. Thanks to everyone here at HybridZ for everything... you guys have been the most awesome source of information I think I've ever found on the web regarding any subject, ever, period. You have helped me solve problems with my car more times than I dare to count. Indeed, I'd probably have sold it long ago, or maybe would not even have TRIED the turbo swap, if not for the abundance of information here.

Anyways... I'll still be around... this is too great a bunch a guys to walk away wether I own a Z or not.

thanks again everyone... it's been one hell of a ride :mrgreen: I'll go back to my bawling now....

Guest bastaad525

don't toy with me man, please :(:icon50: this is sucking bad enough as it is....

or are you actually being serious??

How about you and me go out for a drive in your car and see if I can handle it :D I'd be too scared to do any crazy driving in it, but would love to have the opportunity to ride in one!

You want someone just to drive it periodically to get it up to temp and keep the fluids fluid, is that it? I could do that :burnout:

Now see whatcha done... getting my hopes all up!!!

Seriously though... when the time comes I will buy another 240 and this time it will be a V8... I've seen lottttts of nice V8's go for $5000 or less.

don't toy with me man' date=' please :(:icon50: this is sucking bad enough as it is....

or are you actually being serious??

How about you and me go out for a drive in your car and see if I can handle it :D I'd be too scared to do any crazy driving in it, but would love to have the opportunity to ride in one!

You want someone just to drive it periodically to get it up to temp and keep the fluids fluid, is that it? I could do that :burnout:

Now see whatcha done... getting my hopes all up!!!

Seriously though... when the time comes I will buy another 240 and this time it will be a V8... I've seen lottttts of nice V8's go for $5000 or less.[/quote']

Its going into storage in Simi it looks like.. I don't trust my brother with the keys... I leave on feb 22nd for Fort knox... then it looks as if i am going to Iraq........ I am not particular worried about it getting stolen :evil: its insured for 30k as of last week (****ing Allstate wanted receipts for everything), last time i let it sit for a long time It messed up umm a ton of stuff... as well as i had a mouse living in my engine bay.. BTW i was kidding about being able to handle it... its not too bad.... its only problem is my exhaust... its got bad clearance... it drives fine... but speed bumps or large surface changes in the road are scary....... I've knocked out the collector gasket 3 times in 6 months....... this all will be solved when john C puts in coil-overs and some other ... toys... sometime this year when i have money again....

Guest bastaad525

that's a very large part of why I'm selling mine... I toyed with the idea of storing it but I figured by the time I moved and had my own place to park it again, it'd probably be leaking or have who knows what other problems.

Well... seriously dude I'd be more than happy to take it out every so often, put some miles on it, I'd be so happy just to be driving a Z... you could set whatever ground rules, I'll keep logs of everything, whatever you name it... but I get the idea you were just kidding, after all :mrgreen:

This is like a sexy girl at a bar tempting me when I just broke up from a long term happy relationship. Rebound baby!

LoL I am not fearful or anything being broken.... especialy you blowing out the rear since i got a r200 in the works... milage is a joke.... the biggest thing is making sure you dont gut my exhaust by hitting a speed bump going 45 or something.... I wasnt going to get new rubber since when I do my swap I am going to 5 lug and going to go to panasport 18x8s the tires still have..... I dont know 4-5 months of life left in them... they are at approx.... 55% tread left.... but I am hard on tires.. partly b/c of the road i have to drive everyday... partly b/c of the way i drive it.... its going in thursday to get a complete check and some other TLC....... check my photoalbum pics >_>

Guest bastaad525

No problem on the speed bumps! hell my Z's exhaust sits pretty low too... I'm always SUPER careful on the speedbumps, going over them at an angle and always super slow. Ask my wife she'll tell you how I drive her and everyone behind me nuts when driving thru parking lots!! Learned to do that the hard way though after the first couple scrapes.

well the offer stands, on this end anyways. no hard feelings if you're not interested :mrgreen: would still love to see the car and have you take me for a spin in it! With my crappy schedule it probably wouldn't happen though.

I am 100% open everyday of the week except this Thursday.... and Ummm yea Wednesday mornings...... I go hiking with this girl..... where in northridge are you at?.... lol I stopped going into to the Porter ranch parking lot during the day b/c of all the ****ing speed bumps.... I KILLED my z31 on the speed bumps by walmart..... face plant into asphalt... cracked my radiator wide open and took off my nose...... at least at night i can duck and weave in the isles... call me tomarrow 818-621-3826.... we can work something out for a time I am sure..... I am going to go to bed now..... I am suposta be up in 3 hours to go hiking....... lol well **** there gose my chances with this hot chick....

and you know the worst thing with the low exhaust........ sometimes you NEVER know how uneven the road can be untill your exhaust hits something.............

Guest bastaad525

well... this guy didn't haggle or anything... I told him straight off the bat that I would NOT come down on the price and that I would ONLY accept cash (as is stated very clearly in my ad) and I told him, if he doesn't have that amount on hand, don't waste my time.

So... $4000. I originally started asking for $6000 but got almost no responses. Then I saw other cars at a similiar level or some even nicer for much less than $6000... so I knew it wouldn't sell at that price, not any time soon. I still can't believe that people were literally crawling over each other to buy the car for $3500 when it had a blown head gasket and didn't have the I/C, the fully rebuilt motor, or some of the other mods I've done since then. Now with thousands of dollars more invested and a much faster car as the result, I can only get $500 more? That f'ing sucks.

But yeah... I will NEVER do a project again, next time I'm buying some other suckers project :mrgreen: I have no doubt that there will come a time that some nice as hybrid will come along for way too cheap... I can probably get a car even nicer than mine, faster, better, for the same amount I'm selling mine for.

That thought alone is at least a light at the end of the tunnel.

sorry and glad u sold it, needing the space/cash/etc sucks, and loosing the Z sucks big time.

atleast u still have a turbo car, even if its wrong wheel drive. :D

glad ur gonna stick around here.

mike

Take a look in my member gallery,and my 71 Z (BTW my first)is in a million pieces scattered thought my garage,and house!But,the first time I rode in one,I was and forever will be hooked.My friends think I'm crazy,my girlfriend thinks it's a waste of time and money,but it's all about the love for the Z,and building something yourself.I'm surprised your going to sell it,but to each is own,I suppose.I owned an 87 Trans Am GTA for 11 years,lowered 1.5 in.,insanley fast,just an all around nice,fun car.I sold it a couple years ago,cried,bought a 6cyl. Jeep Grand Cherokee(it's named "My Chrysler Product")kicked myself in the ***,cried harder,and stumbled on my Z in Oct.I've always loved the lines,the ride,and for some reason,when your sitting in it,not only do you feel like your in a gocart,but the two big,recessed gauges in the dash,I've always thought were the coolest.Anyway,hopefully the new owner will take good care of her.Long live the Z!:burnout: